Best answers
1.) Introduction
2.) Getting Started/Installing
3.) Getting everything set up
4.) Misc

INTRODUCTION

===================
What does ServerDoc do?
-ServerDoc will start a program and check the program is still running every five seconds (default) and restart the program if required (if its crashed or closed) on Win95/98/ME/200x/NT/XP & Linux systems. Windows NT users should read this note and WinXP users should read this note. Linux control requires serverdoc running on a windows machine.
-ServerDoc can also run different commands with its internal scheduling. You may want to run a game server between 6pm and 10pm or run different game servers hourly/daily/weekly or monthly. Serverdoc can even be set up to load a different mod/patch. You could have your servers set up to run Normal DeathMatch one night, Team Fortress the next, Counterstrike the night after.
-Serverdoc also has a remote interface to allow you (or clients) the ability to stop/start and change/edit the server command line. Remote clients can also be provided with access to edit files or only edit certian variables within a file.
-Serverdoc can monitor private and maxplayer settings of a number of game servers and restart them if a client as violated these settings.

A crashed server is no fun, and with serverdoc, it will be back up within seconds.

I have ServerDoc looking after my Quake 1, 2, 3 and Halflife Servers. (NOTE: I no longer run severs but continue work on serverdoc) You will need the VB6 runtimes if you dont already have them. :)

Getting Started/Installing
===============================
1.) First download serverdoc from http://serverdoc.com
2.) You will download serverdoc.exe
3.) Now go in your C:\ folder or any folder you will remember
4.) Create a folder called HLServer
5.) Put your serverdoc inside there.
6.) Now create a folder called esf inside HLServer folder
7.) then put your dedicated server stuff inside esf folder. (Usually takes about 5 minutes or so)
8.) Now download this HERE
9.) Extract this inside your HLServer Folder.

Getting everything set up
1.) Rename your serverdoc (Copied one) to whatever you like. I changed mine to ESF
2.) Now Right click on your renamed serverdoc and go to properties
3.) Now it will show a shortcut
4.) C:\HLServer\serverdoc.exe c:/HLServer/hlds.exe -console -game ESF +port 27015 +maxplayers 20 +map esf_cell_games
5.) Now run your renamed serverdoc and it should work. Have fun ^_^

Misc
You can find misc information or other information here
Will make some updates on the setup ^_^
If you want the easier way out of this... I will upload my Configured HLServer for you guys to use... Right after I load it up to my FTP.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Seems to be a rather nice and really handy program. I'll look into it, and MomA. An idea, try to disable smilies in your post. It remove the smilies like you have at "C:\HLServer\"

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
umm yeah... I have used this. This program does not work for all crashes. Especally those crashes that are triggered by crashers.

Best answers
Well when you are sleeping... It just turns back on... Serverdoc is still updating you know :/... It will work on other games too... soon...

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No... it doesnt. I have left for a week and one of my clan members reported it was down for a week. Trust me, this does not catch crashes triggered by crashers. It detects if the program stops alltoghter, not if its stuck in a wierd loop that prevents anyone from playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom