server problem

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
srry if this is irritating and asked before like many things :p
anyway somehow i cant get my server online
i can make one and play with bots but i cannot get it online
i tried sv_lan 0 and that didn't work either .
can someone pls help me ?

ps: i can join all servers

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Well, if you have a router or a firewall, there is your answer. Even though i am not really "good" with the Half-Life ports which needs to be opened (due the fact i never do open them since i never create servers). I have found a link with the answer:

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=58969&highlight=Ports

The actual ports needed to host a game and for people to see it are 27000-27030
Click on the link above, and read all the replies. I bet it will help you just nicely.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll also say here the same thing I did in that thread. The ports needed are ports 27000 ~ 27030 UDP/TCP.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He was probably referring to what he said in the other thread in terms of correcting you, because he is absolutely right. You only need port 27015 for Half-Life servers. Why you guys keep saying to open 29 additional ports is beyond me.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have been saying only open port 27015(udp) for years, at least people are finally starting to listen.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
do i need dedicated version of esf ?
i dont have any dedicated hl or esf things on my pc :s
anyway i cant figure out how to get my server online :s
please help me ...

and i have a router

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt said:
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=60755

Read that thread

You only need the ONE port HLDS is listening on (27015 by default), don't listen to these guys. Forwarding 29 extra ports doesn't make your e-wang bigger or anything. -.-
Negative. Port 27005 is your outgoing port, which connects to the Steam server listing, and allows people to see and join it. 27020 is also used, but I forget what for.

Port 27010 is also used, and even tells you so in the HLDS console window, when it has to add "Master servers".

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Amnestometh said:
Negative. Port 27005 is your outgoing port, which connects to the Steam server listing, and allows people to see and join it. 27020 is also used, but I forget what for.

Port 27010 is also used, and even tells you so in the HLDS console window, when it has to add "Master servers".
unix: netstat -an | grep LISTEN
windows: netstat -an

Those 2 commands disagree with you... HLDS binds to all interfaces and only listens on 1 port.

The server "heartbeats" with the master server by sending game information to it every so often. When clients list servers, it sends out a quick UDP "ping" (on 27015) to all servers listed on the master server that match their search criteria. There's NO other ports used at ALL.

Open your eyes please, and learn how to use the basic commands available on your server platform.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
hey what do i have to do to get my server running properly ?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I had the same problem. All you have to do is open that one port (27015). Also make sure your firewall isnt blocking you somehow.

Amnestometh said:

btw-You dont need to open outgoing ports since your router doesnt block outgoing info.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
so what do i have to do to get my server good ? what do i need to do in my router ?
what do i need to download ...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need to read everything above. And be able to understand it. They told you what you need to do. Now you need to do it.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kurt said:
unix: netstat -an | grep LISTEN
windows: netstat -an

Those 2 commands disagree with you... HLDS binds to all interfaces and only listens on 1 port.

The server "heartbeats" with the master server by sending game information to it every so often. When clients list servers, it sends out a quick UDP "ping" (on 27015) to all servers listed on the master server that match their search criteria. There's NO other ports used at ALL.
How verry strange, I have opened ONLY 27015 before. And yet without those commands, I was able have a server that others can see and join..... so SOMEONE must be lieng and I know its not me, and I know its not you because I am shure you have run HL servers before... if so then who....

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:
How verry strange, I have opened ONLY 27015 before. And yet without those commands, I was able have a server that others can see and join..... so SOMEONE must be lieng and I know its not me, and I know its not you because I am shure you have run HL servers before... if so then who....
Who are you accusing of lying? Those commands show what ports are being listened on (was trying to explain to the 2 guys above why forwarding 29 additional ports is unnecessary).

And we both stated that only 27015 is needed, but your post seems like you're targetting me. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom