Server help

Best answers
I want to make a server to practice with my friends. When i make it, i go into consol and type sv_lan 0..someone told me to ..but anyways. My friends try to join, and it doesnt let them, they say it wont load. Anyone know how i make it so people can join my hosted servers? I have cable internet. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What kind of server is it? Dedicated or Listen? Are you behind a router?

If it's a listen server do you uncheck the "lan" part?

Best answers
I am behind a router, but my friend helped me..i have to plug my computer straight into the modem instead of through the router..so i can only do it when no one else needs the internet in the house :( Well anyways, thanks.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, you could forward the ports to your computer. Half-Life uses specific ports that allow it to communicate with users. You can open up your router configuration page (I suggest letting someone who knows what they're doing do this for you), and go into the port forwarding page. Then forward the following ports to your computer:

27000-27030 TCP/UDP Enabled

If you dont know your computer's internal IP address, click Start -> Run and type "cmd" in the box that pops up. A black box will now pop up, this is your command prompt. In the black box, type "ipconfig". The IP to the right of "IP Address" is your internal IP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom