Server crashing since updating

Best answers
I did an upgrade this morning taking my linux server from version 21 to 23. Now my server crashes upon startup.

Code:
Console initialized.
scandir failed:/home/sk/hlds_l/./valve/SAVE
scandir failed:/home/sk/hlds_l/./platform/SAVE
Protocol version 47
Exe version 1.1.2.0/Stdio (valve)
Exe build: 12:05:29 Sep 30 2005 (3213)
STEAM Auth Server
couldn't exec language.cfg
Server IP address 127.0.0.1:27015
Reading bot_names file... file not found
Reading bot_chat file... file not found
Reading bot_personalities file... file not found, random settings will be used
Reading sbot.cfg file... file not found, random settings will be used
Reading skill.cfg file... file not found, default settings will be used
scandir failed:/home/sk/hlds_l/./valve/SAVE
scandir failed:/home/sk/hlds_l/./platform/SAVE
./hlds_run: line 342:  4872 Segmentation fault      $HL_CMD
Add "-debug" to the ./hlds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Tue Oct  4 08:01:53 BST 2005: Server restart in 10 seconds
I don't use any mods. This server is 100% original.

Ive added -debug to my command line but cannot find any file called debug.log. Help! :cry:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know I think I should post in the suggestion thread that the 'edit' button be a huge enormous button saying "EDIT! DOUBLE POSTING IS AGAINST THE RULES!" Or it should be a popup when ever they even think of double posting and the ony way to get rid of it, is to edit their post.

/suggestion. What you all think?

Moral of my story. Follow the rules, use the edit button, and stay in school.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rogue moderating is also against the rules.

I dont know **** about Linux, but it appears a lot of people are having the same problem as you.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've seen Linux users with the same problems, unfortunately most never really found an absolute solution.

I was never able to get Metamod to work correctly under Linux (segmentation faults as well), that's mostly the reason why I dual-booted my old PC to run HLDS on Windows. =/

The debug.log file should be created in the same directory as your hlds_run shell script, maybe it can shed some light on the situation.

Don't expect a whole lot (or any <_<) Linux support from Valve. =/

Best answers
Fire Phoenix

Double post yes, but I think the 2nd post is actually relevant since it breaks away from the 1st post. I should have just deleted the whole thread since no one else had replied and the first post became irrelevant. But it would make more sense to leave it and give the answer for others who might come across the same problem.

Look at my post count I must be a forum spammer just out to increase my post count...

Go cry, go tell a moderator, go grow up. If your not going to be useful don't bother posting.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
]SK[ said:
Fire Phoenix

Double post yes, but I think the 2nd post is actually relevant since it breaks away from the 1st post. I should have just deleted the whole thread since no one else had replied and the first post became irrelevant. But it would make more sense to leave it and give the answer for others who might come across the same problem.

Look at my post count I must be a forum spammer just out to increase my post count...

Go cry, go tell a moderator, go grow up. If your not going to be useful don't bother posting.
May I suggest to you that since you just started out here that you don't want to nessacary go down a path of getting warned/banned etc. I didin't see the need for you to bite back on his comment, The moderators would of delt with that if they felt it was nessacary to deal with his actions.

Best answers
They also would have also delt with my double post. If your so in with the rules you should read this one...

Want to become a moderator? Do not ask. Moderator is an invite only position. Making yourself stand out by helping around the forum is a good idea. Do not act like a moderator if you are not one.
How to ruin a once informative thread :(

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How to ruin a once informative thread
That's just adding to it.

As for your question about it crashing. That's the HL engine at work, there is no way to fix it. The search button is a handy tool. Both should be used frequently. The edit button is there so you don't double post. It doesn't matter how different the subjects are. Edit the first one, start a new paragraph and vuala! You've got yourself a perfectly legit post.

Best answers
Legit like theres a law on double posting or something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom