Server Crashes

Best answers
hello,

can someone help me. everytime i start a listen server it crashes about 2 mins into the game. can someone tell me how to prevent this from happening cuz before the when i first got it it was gppd. m servers wpuld not crash. please help me

thx
HMN

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why is that the solution for everyone. I am telling you, reinstalling isnt always the solution. I perfer the solution that deals with NOT deleting and reinstalling the most ammount of data. Saves you pain when the solution WASNT a reinstall.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:
Why is that the solution for everyone. I am telling you, reinstalling isnt always the solution. I perfer the solution that deals with NOT deleting and reinstalling the most ammount of data. Saves you pain when the solution WASNT a reinstall.
I agree, its not always steam you know. It can also be the following:

1), Video Driver problem, update your driver, and it should be always up-to-date to make the video card & drivers stable. If you have a Nvidia Geforce video card, go to "http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp" select "Graphics Drivers --> Select the Gforce you have --> then the Operation System you are using."

2), Update your Windows, so the windows you use is up-to-date. If you wonder where you can update, click this link: http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

3), Spyware / Virusses also can cause problems, use scanners to get rid of them. Ad-aware is a good Anti-Spyware program to scan your pc and to get rid of them.

Best answers
thx u guys

i have not changed my esf(like the settings and the cmds i dun tiuch that stuff)

do any of your listen servers stay up for a long period of time

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
hiddenmist said:
thx u guys

i have not changed my esf(like the settings and the cmds i dun tiuch that stuff)

do any of your listen servers stay up for a long period of time
What do you mean exactly?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When I create listen servers, they always crash after a couple of minutes. I don't think there is anything you can do about it, the games just bugged like that on some computers.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Sub said:
When I create listen servers, they always crash after a couple of minutes. I don't think there is anything you can do about it, the games just bugged like that on some computers.
Strange, perhaps you should use the Steam Server Searcher insteady, if you haev not already done so of course. You could always try to re-install ESF.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Skyrider said:
Strange, perhaps you should use the Steam Server Searcher insteady, if you haev not already done so of course. You could always try to re-install ESF.
Oh, I personally don't care if my listen servers crash. I hate playing in 0 ping. I'm just saying in general, I don't think there is anything you can do to stop it, it's just bugged and crashes when you create listen servers on some computers (And no, re-installing doesn't work).

@donnierisk: A listen server is basically a temporary server you create. If you press the create a server button in ESF, you would be creating a listen server.

Best answers
see but if i put a password on my listen server it stays up longer then with out. and if i make it a lan server it still crahes even if its not on the net

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom