Serenity - some planet art

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I made this today, was bored, I like to call this piece "serenity".

:p the title has probably been over used, but I don't care ;o

Still want to add a few things, perhaps a nebula in the distance or something.

Best answers
Thats awesome. Did you make it from scratch? It looks like it would take forever to make. Some of the bottom is kind of plain like the bottom right or left (nebula seems like a good idea) where there arent any stars or anything.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I usually try to find a texture (more then 1, usually even more, more like... 10 textures) and then make my own out of it, one I like, and then do my thing with them.

Yeah, I know its a bit empty down there, I wanted it to look... serene, but it wouldn't hurt to add a nebula and a few other things.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The horizontal line looks really out of place, the rest looks spiffy. Get on adding those nebulae!

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The horizontal line looks really out of place, the rest looks spiffy. Get on adding those nebulae!
:3 Its supposed to be a spaceship of some sort, but I can still remove it later if I want to.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Should give it more of a shape in that case, I think.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks really good. I suggest you make the trail behind the ship a little less...physical, I guess? It looks too solid, and the trail should fade out more than you currently have it.

By the looks of it, the planet is terrestrial, so the moon might actually be too small (or the planet too large), and it really shouldn't have that thick of an atmosphere.

The light cast by it's sun bothers me a bit, but I don't really know why.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right, perhaps I could tone the atmosphere a bit down on the small planet, as for the size of the planet, I just wanted it to make the other planet look huge.

Perhaps its impossible due to gravity issues and all :p but its in outer space, and we know little about it, so it leaves lots of room for artistic thoughts, besides, who knows how far that planet is away from the big one? or maybe its a sign that the big planet will soon have a huge crater?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, if the small planet were Earth, the large planet would, in all likelihood, collapse in on itself. A terrestrial planet can only be so large.

Just saying o_O. Looks really, really good though. The planets are X3 quality.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, if the small planet were Earth, the large planet would, in all likelihood, collapse in on itself. A terrestrial planet can only be so large.

Just saying o_O. Looks really, really good though. The planets are X3 quality.
Right, does make sense...

Well I guess the small planet is doomed then D:

Thanks for the comments and input tho ^^ i'll try to remember it next time i'll make another space scene.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your planet just blew up my planet...

I really like the detail on the planet, it's a lot better than what I could make in my attempt.

Suggestions:

Make the star field a little more denser (more stars).

Other than that, very good job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom