Sep 11

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought seeing as September 11 has rolled around again I should make a sort of memorial thread.

I myself wasn't effected in any way, shape or form by the attack but I still feel for all those that were.

Btw let this be knowen I will be strictly guarding this thread as it involves a topic that affected people lives and I don't want any rules broken at all. I do stress strictly

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My thoughts and prayers go out to those who were not as lucky as my family. Out of seven family members, five of mine returned home last year. I lost two distant cousins, but my heart goes out to there immediate family.

May their souls rest in peace and may peace come to earth.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This was a tragik day for America. I have friends who lost someone they loved and cared about deeply.

I'm Canadian but my thoughts and prays go out to everyone who was killed and are fighting for everything this attack meant.

God Bless America.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This was a very tragic day for america one year ago , and they had to go trough it again... It must be very hard for the families of the victims and the survivors to go trough this day.

I myself wasn't really effected by it, except that we held 1 minute of silence at 3:11

May god bless the victems and their families

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I wasn't directly involved, but my brother has a few good friends in America and there was a lot of nervous time spent trying to get in contact with them. All I can say is that my prayers go out to the people who lost someone that day.

Best answers
I am deeply affected by these events... im going to see what i can do as a memorial for my city...

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I live in in NY but wanst affected to much ny the tragedy. My thoughts and prayers do go out to those that were affected.

Best answers
THose Damn MOFO terrorest made it so i couldn't see the simpsons episode the one when Homer went to New-york city to get his car back and it was parked between the towers

anyway as we remember sept.11 for the terrorest attacks then Osama has one at being immoratal

just live life and things happen

peace to the souls of the dead as they rest we shall preserver

I heard that someplace i forget were

Best answers
9/11
is no longer a day of morning.

With so many people trying to make money off this event or publicity....I'm digusted about that.

but for all the people who died without purpose. I am sorry. As a native Californian I fear that perhaps the terrorists might aim themselves on the west coast now =(

9/11 a year ago brought tears to my eyes, and still does. But now that I see what is comming from the events it just doesn't seem right to me

and thats all I have to say.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is true, 9/11 has become a big profit making scheme, and this is sad. I took a trip with my family to ground zero, and it was impossible to get close enough to see, without walking past street vendors wirh FDNY hats/shirts, memorial posters/pens/pins etc... It's sick, that people are making money off something so tragic, especially when the money is for personal gain.

*edit* I just thought about something, and I think all of you should stop and think about it too.

Things like 9/11/01 happen all the time, all over the world, the scale may not be as big, but they do happen. Look at Israel and Palestine for example, we never stop to reflect on that, but when it happens in our own yard, thats when it kicks in... Just something to think about it.

Best answers
Originally posted by Optimus Prime
*edit* I just thought about something, and I think all of you should stop and think about it too.

Things like 9/11/01 happen all the time, all over the world, the scale may not be as big, but they do happen. Look at Israel and Palestine for example, we never stop to reflect on that, but when it happens in our own yard, thats when it kicks in... Just something to think about it.
yeah i've noticed that, and its sad that we only do something about it when it directly effects us...

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know money from those FDNY/NYPD parafanalia goes to the FD/PD and the families of the victims.

My dad is a NYC official. I can safely vouch that the City's money is always short. It's hard for them to buy $70,000 trucks to replace the ones that are lost. Alot of Manhattan's fire trucks are loaners now.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey,

I may live in canada but this event effected lots of us. Our school made a memorial plack and dedicated it to all those lost on 9/11/01

I made my own. I dun care if anyone likes it... I like it and it and thats all I want... I'm just showing how much I care.

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I saw it live on CNN, It was a chilling experience.

I feel for everyone who lost something from this event, and in a way, thats ALL of us.

The biggest thing that was lost for most of us, was the illusion of safety in this world.

Now that its been a year, we should all look to the future and realise that no matter how long we have left on this earth, every minute counts, and shouldnt be taken for granted.

I dont pray for those that were lost/hurt, I am not a religious, But i feel for there families, and i will respect their memory forever

I salute those heros that gave all they had :yes:

Peace

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
at the moment that it happened, i was on school camp..
there was a main hall with a television, and when the first plane came in, all children where sent away and the teacher watched
the whole thing..

in about 2 minutes i heard the weirdest stories about "america is being atacked!!"
and:
"New York is bombed"
i knew this was crap, later i asked a teacher about it and he told me what happened..

im from holland myself, we have a dutch swimmer wich seemed to be very good in the olympics, at 11 sept he was going to the wtc
for the nice view..
he forgot his binoculairs and he returned to his hotel to get it.
when he came back, the towers where gone..

its sad that those things still happen..

im wondering.. what are they gonna build on the place where the towers used to be?

Banned
Banned
Best answers
I'm not entirely sure..

Some people wanted it to be redeveloped, others wanted a big memorial.

As for what's actually going to be put up there, I have no idea.

Retired
Best answers
I was thinking this...was 11th of september a random day for Bin laden? or was it thouhg out (I know he thought out that tactic, DUH! :) but I mean that day) cuz I have a theory. that I actually never heard. sounds a lil creepy but... 11 of september is 9-11..

9-11 = 911

911 is emergency number in USA. thats what kinda got me thinking a bit.

Best answers
9/11 we all feel sorrow for those lost. I was lucky not to lose anyone. My prayers go out to those who were affected. Though this did come out good in one way, It has brought America togeather and made us strong no matter what religion or backround we are all united. It has brought forign countires to our side to help us through and through, We cannot thank those generous nations for standing by us in our time of need.

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Originally posted by Judge
I was thinking this...was 11th of september a random day for Bin laden? or was it thouhg out (I know he thought out that tactic, DUH! :) but I mean that day) cuz I have a theory. that I actually never heard. sounds a lil creepy but... 11 of september is 9-11..

9-11 = 911

He obviously put some thought into this tragedy. So I guess he just threw that in to make it even worse. That or it is just a sick coincidence. It took me awhile to realize that to!!

And another thing that bothers me is that I live in NY and I was in school at the time, and they never told me what happened. I just went through my life like normal only to find out when I got home that the twin towers had fallen.

Best answers
Originally posted by Judge

9-11 = 911

That number was both good and bad in my opinion, it is the number that signals distress, but its a good symbol as well it is the number that symbols our brave firemen and policemen or anyone over in afganastan for that reason. I would not think of it as coincedence or planned out just fate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom