Seemingly minor issue

Best answers
Hey guys, I'm a fresh newbie here. Everything looks very nice and polished here, and it's awesome to see a mod like this that is actually alive and kicking. (with the power of a saiyan! :cool: )

But anyway, corny jokes aside... I started it up, and couldn't find any servers at all. (I have steam, and a legit HL1, as I was playing some deathmatches earlier before I loaded up ESF) and, when I went to just host my own private match, I am able to select a character, but then the loader freezes at the "precaching resources" phase before I get onto the map.

Now, I figured maybe I should just wait, but I've waited about 20 minutes and nothing. and this has happened every time. so I've yet to actually even play this fine game o_o I'm guessing it's something that's my fault.

Any help would be appreciated.

For short.

- I downloaded the game from the fileplanet link on the main page
- Online play works fine in my other steam games
- I can only get as far as the "precaching resources" phase when loading a map, after selecting a character.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait, precaching resources after selective a character?

I can't quite follow, precaching resources comes way before selecting a character.

Best answers
yeah, that is correct. I start up the match, it goes blank for a bit, then the character select comes up, and I choose someone, and it goes blank again, and starts loading, and freezes up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom