Security needs help, for once!

Best answers
I never thought I would be posting a topic here again, but I have an issue with ESF Beta 1.2.3. Whenever I try to create a lan game I get the following Error message...

"Could not Load Library C:\SIERRA\Half-Life/ESF/cl_dlls\client.dll"

Whats up with that?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
SIERRA is not Steam, hence your problem. You need to use Steam.

Best answers
Walmart Security said:
I never thought I would be posting a topic here again, but I have an issue with ESF Beta 1.2.3. Whenever I try to create a lan game I get the following Error message...

Whats up with that?
So that means Internet games run fine, I believe. Unless this is the first time you've played ESF and you haven't tried playing online yet...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enjoy waiting ages on dial up for steam to downlaod half-life on you dial up connection (Once you have registered you cd-key of course) :p.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The client dll was all fixed up in 1.2.2 & intended for steam use, 1.2.3 is just a new map and some map fixes. The client dll was tested out on steam, so you might need to go around to a friend that has good net and set it all up there.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Security, why don't you just play on steam? If you want to play v1.3 when its released, you have no choice to go to steam then.

Best answers
I have steam but it was corrupted somehow and I never redownloaded steam yet.

Well, thanks everyone, if you'll are right, then its Steam ****in me up, so I'll just redownload steam and reinstall everything.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Post of the Steam forums for support? ^_^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uninstall STEAM. Download STEAM. Install STEAM. Uninstall ESF. Install ESF into the STEAM folder. Not Sierra.

For the record, when you install Half-Life. It automatically wants to install into C:\Program Files\Sierra. You have to tell it to install into C:\ Program Files\valve\Steam\I am not at my\computer so I don't remember\the exact location\i'm cool

It's long, and annoying to remember. But that's where it goes. It's something like valve>steam>steamapps>Halflife or something like that. You'll find it. Make sure Half-life is in there, once you do, try to play half life once. Once you do that, if esf is in there it should be playable. But it might ask to download 420mb worth of nothing. Which even on a dial-up computer takes like 2 seconds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom