ScrewAttack: Goku vs Superman

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Except it became clear Goku couldn't breathe in space when he had to find a way to get off Namek that one time in band camp.
Exactly, but they'd rather go with what's more convenient to them, that being Bardock's special.

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Finally got to see the Deathbattle today, and man was it a good fight.
I knew this was gonna be a tough one. I was kinda sad to see how it turned out, but at least they explained why.
Goku is a character that strives to surpass his limits. Superman is a character with no limits at all. At the end of the day, Superman. Nuff said.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I definitely don't argue with the results.

Either way, it was a really well done fight. I'm kinda surprised by their animation skills. It had good scaling, the fight getting more complex and extreme as time went on, and you got to see your favorite characters do their thing in a way that we've been discussing for years.

Super elite
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Superman is invincible. So there is no way you can beat him except for the green crystal kryptonite. It can weaken him. Just finish him off quick. But if superman reaches the sun and gets burned then he'll get stronger and stronger and rip you into a million pieces and i swear he'll kill you where you stand... Period.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Exactly, but they'd rather go with what's more convenient to them, that being Bardock's special.
As far as I know, you can still breathe about 10Kms above the ground....Impossible to know what height he was at though, I'm guessing much higher than that figure too...No idea why after all that careful planning, maths and what-not they sent him into outer space lol.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Altitude sickness begins to occur at 8000 feet, and they were far enough above the curvature of the Earth that they were basically free falling in orbit.

Best answers
As I stated before the deathbattle,ALL LIVING BEINGS HAVE KI.Death battle proved my point in more than one occasion.You don't have to make superman a dbz warrior to give him ki,it's only natural he has it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's no ki in the DC Universe. They threw it in video as a plot device, nothing more. Superman doesn't have ki. Get over it.

Best answers
There's no ki in the DC Universe. They threw it in video as a plot device, nothing more. Superman doesn't have ki. Get over it.
How can you prove that?Where does it say that it was used as a plot device..?If they really wanted not to give him ki..they would have explained it..like the mind read or pressure points..They didn't leave anything out..including ki.They could have easily made a statement that he(goku) can't sense superman(kinda like the androids).

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How can you prove that?Where does it say that it was used as a plot device..?If they really wanted not to give him ki..they would have explained it..like the mind read or pressure points..They didn't leave anything out..including ki.They could have easily made a statement that he(goku) can't sense superman(kinda like the androids).
Are we seriously pretending that fight is cannon? Really? Wow.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Stop talking like screwattacks battles are perfect. They're far from that. Hell, they showed the scan of Supes lifting 6 sextillion tons, yet in the stats only put him in the quintillion ton range. They also even showed Supes flying to Jupitor in less than an hour which is about 16x the speed of light, yet put his speed at about 8x the speed of light.

They obviously wanted to make the battle atleast entertaining animation wise so they boosted Goku so that he could actually stand a chance vs Superman. Hell, they knew beforehand that Superman was multiple times faster than SSJ4, yet they had regular Goku keep up with him, they knew Supermans durability was far more than anything SSJ4 can dish out, yet they had regular Goku faze him. They're obviously not going to make all the fans wait over a month for this battle, then make it how the battle should actually happen and have Goku look around like a confused puppy before being splattered with a single punch.

Last edited:
Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Stop talking like screwattacks battles are perfect. They're far from that. Hell, they showed the scan of Supes lifting 6 sextillion tons, yet in the stats only put him in the quintillion ton range. They also even showed Supes flying to Jupitor in less than an hour which is about 16x the speed of light, yet put his speed at about 8x the speed of light.

They obviously wanted to make the battle atleast entertaining animation wise so they boosted Goku so that he could actually stand a chance vs Superman. Hell, they knew beforehand that Superman was multiple times faster than SSJ4, yet they had regular Goku keep up with him, they knew Supermans durability was far more than anything SSJ4 can dish out, yet they had regular Goku faze him. They're obviously not going to make all the fans wait over a month for this battle, then make it how the battle should actually happen and have Goku look around like a confused puppy before being splattered with a single punch.
Well said mate. I was surprised how SSJ Goku was kicking the **** out of Superman and when he transformed further he actually started loosing. They didn't take into consideration the power of each beams. A kamehameha at Goku's present level could destroy a planet in an instant.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
goku he lost how it is possible; /

Best answers
Are we seriously pretending that fight is cannon? Really? Wow.
No we are not considering it cannon.Nothing can make such a statement cannon because it's between different universes and I doubt we'll ever see a cross-over.There is no point in continuing this conversation because it is obvious we wouldn't reach a common conclusion.Superman won,and would win every time,that is final,though the complains won't stop,I'm sure of it.And Reynori,nothing is perfect....you are just underestimating Goku too much.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i don't see anyone under-estimating Goku. i see plenty of people over-estimating him though.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I don't like is

Neither one of these fighters would sacrifice the earth to win a fight

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why is this even an argument, still? Superman was pretty much MADE to be invincible and all powerful. Goku...wasn't. I still like Goku over Superman, seeing as Goku actually has character development, but Superman is pretty much incapable of ever losing.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The philosophical and ethical questions brought up by the Superman comics as he relates to the world and vice versa are far deeper than "DB anything" could ever hope for. I'm just tired of hearing how Goku has such extensive character development when he's basically a Jap clone of the Big S to begin with.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I get the feeling we could argue about that all day, even though I feel that Watchmen did a much better job with the philosophical elements, so I'm not even gonna start. The line between man and god is much more entertaining to watch when the "god" can create anything yet is still out-maneuvered and at the mercy of a single idea.

I only followed Superman through the last 5 or so years, so I don't know that much. But based on what I've seen I still prefer the story of Journey to the West (which DB is spiritually based on, and still very similar) to "All-powerful alien punches exploding star in the face".

I like Goku because there are times when he's simply not strong enough. The only powerful opponents he's ever beaten on his own were Piccolo and Frieza. On every other occasion he borrows the power of friends, family, or an entire world at risk to beat someone.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom