ScrewAttack: Goku vs Superman

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, that creates problems as well. Both characters clearly have feats they could accomplish, but choose not to due to the backlash or collateral damage it could cause. Both Goku and Superman have shown that they have the ability to destroy an entire planet, but never truly shown it. Other than Frieza on Namek. Both of them have martial arts training, and powers that transcend strength. It really just becomes a theory-fest.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Goku shook the entire planet with his screams. SSJ3 Goku would demolish Superman.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Well, that creates problems as well. Both characters clearly have feats they could accomplish, but choose not to due to the backlash or collateral damage it could cause. Both Goku and Superman have shown that they have the ability to destroy an entire planet, but never truly shown it. Other than Frieza on Namek. Both of them have martial arts training, and powers that transcend strength. It really just becomes a theory-fest.
Yeah, but theres enough information that you can see a characters limit. It's easy to compare when one character has lifted 400million tons with little effort, and another has struggled with a mere 40 tons. Or another one character gets hurt by people around that same 40 - 400 ton strength level, while the other character can survive supernovas and black holes.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How do you know Vegetto is millions of times stronger than base Goku? Show me some proof.
In a context of transformations and Battle Power, there's a Vegetto = Goku x Vegeta in Super Exciting Guide. Knowing that Goku was 3,000,000 against Freeza and has improved greatly by the Boo arc, Vegetto is much more than 3,000,000 x 3,000,000 (as Vegeta's equal to Goku after having Babidi released his hidden powers). He also retains the ability to fight, breathe and talk as a CANDY and if going by anime, Vegetto fixed the universe by punching Boo.

Last edited:
Best answers
Superman can suck hi's ****.
Goku can destroy the sun like is nothing, in GT goku can easy destroy the whole universe , Goku is more powerfull than the shitty Gods ,Goku is overpowered, this battle sucks.

Last edited:
The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
In a context of transformations and Battle Power, there's a Vegetto = Goku x Vegeta in Super Exciting Guide. Knowing that Goku was 3,000,000 against Freeza and has improved greatly by the Boo arc, Vegetto is much more than 3,000,000 x 3,000,000 (as Vegeta's equal to Goku after having Babidi released his hidden powers). He also retains the ability to fight, breathe and talk as a CANDY and if going by anime, Vegetto fixed the universe by punching Boo.
I never really took powerlevel that linear because of all the inconsistency in dragonball. For example Master Roshi at powerlevel 139 was able to blow up the moon. If we take that literal, then your average human should be a country buster.

Superman actually has feats to prove he is hundreds of millions of times stronger than Goku. Whereas Vegetto just has a "Vegetto = Goku x Vegeta" in a guide. So it's a kinda silly to say "He has no chance whatsoever against Vegetto".

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never really took powerlevel that linear because of all the inconsistency in dragonball.
I don't care.

For example Master Roshi at powerlevel 139 was able to blow up the moon. If we take that literal, then your average human should be a country buster.
There are gag episodes and there are serious episodes. It's not like Goku sending the Rabbit Gang to the Moon was serious. It's silly to disregard serious things in DB only because there are some gag episodes.

Superman actually has feats to prove he is hundreds of millions of times stronger than Goku.
Hmm, no he doesn't. Well, perhaps some version of Superman can be hundreds of times stronger than Goku, but NOT millions.

Whereas Vegetto just has a "Vegetto = Goku x Vegeta" in a guide. So it's a kinda silly to say "He has no chance whatsoever against Vegetto".
If Vegetto is millions of times stronger than Goku, he's definitely stronger than any version of Superman in my eyes.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I don't get what you're saying. Roshi destroying the moon was a gag episode? Does that mean he actually didn't do it?

The only version of Superman i'm using is the main DC modern day Superman. I'm not using Superman before the crisis, or Superman Prime, from any alternate universe because that would be a complete mismatch for any DBZ character.

Modern Day Superman has moved a planet with his strength, John Byrne has said he can lift 40 billion tons, he also holds black holes with his bare hands. That's more than millions of times stronger than Goku.

Last edited:
NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't get what you're saying. Roshi destroying the moon was a gag episode? Does that mean he actually didn't do it?
It means that you shouldn't care about it or use it for strength comparisons.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I'm saying powerlevel isn't entirely linear. Having a million times the powerlevel doesn't necessarily mean you have a million times the strength, durability, speed, etc. Another example is Goku after training with King Kai can travel at atleast 5km a second, at the time he learned instant transmission he had about a thousand times the powerlevel. Yet when he was demonstrating IT by getting Roshi's glasses, Vegeta thought it was just movement speed until he learned that Roshi's house was 10,000km away. If PL worked like that, then Goku should've been able to get Roshi's glasses in 2 seconds with just movement speed, and Vegeta should not be surprised.

Best answers
Superman is a very VERY broken character....It's just a case of very bad writing.Holding black holes and sneezing away galaxies..that's just stupid.He was so overpowered that other writers had to reduce his powers to make him a bit more credible and popular.As I said there is no way to compare them.The only real incarnation of Superman that you can compare would be the Justice league Superman,but he is too weak to stand against Frieza let alone Goku.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They will be allowing Goku to use things from Movies and GT.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Superman is a very VERY broken character....It's just a case of very bad writing.Holding black holes and sneezing away galaxies..that's just stupid.He was so overpowered that other writers had to reduce his powers to make him a bit more credible and popular.As I said there is no way to compare them.The only real incarnation of Superman that you can compare would be the Justice league Superman,but he is too weak to stand against Frieza let alone Goku.
You mean the one from the cartoon? Yeah that's not canon, but that would probably be a closer fight than the actual Superman.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I don't understand how anyone can argue these points? For one, superman is just "given" powers based on the situation. There never seems to be any form of logic or reason to most superhero comics AND DBZ. The only thing I prefer about the Dragonball mangas/anime is they at least -try- to adhere to some formm of common sense. Goku can't spin around the ******* planet and reverse time because no one should. That's just a cheap out to a story-line.

Cmon now.
I'm being a total nerdy sperg here but just wanting to point out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dialation

It's also theorized that if one could exceed the speed of light that not only does time slow down for you, but you can move backward through it. So instead of a complete cheap out it was just some writer who must've read about that theory and threw it into Superman II because he thought it was cool.

Best answers
I'm being a total nerdy sperg here but just wanting to point out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dialation

It's also theorized that if one could exceed the speed of light that not only does time slow down for you, but you can move backward through it. So instead of a complete cheap out it was just some writer who must've read about that theory and threw it into Superman II because he thought it was cool.
Interesting...but if we take those in consideration...Goku and Vegeta should be immortal.They constantly go to high speeds,and train under high gravity.THey should age extremely slow.
Maybe I should rephrase,they won't be immortal but will be young forever,living forever,but can be killed by an exterior force.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom