Screen Recording

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm looking for software free or not, that can record anything going on on your computer screen, at a high frame rate, so when I export the video, the video won't be skippy.

Best answers
Fraps? As for the high framerate, it all depends if your computer is cabable of processing the fraps and whatever program your recording with it...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I downloaded the software but I can't figure out how to start recording.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fraps is for games and movies. So it won't work if no game is running (as far as I know).
I think camtasia can record the whole desktop, but I don't know how good or resource demanding it is.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm looking for software free or not, that can record anything going on on your computer screen, at a high frame rate, so when I export the video, the video won't be skippy.
How "skippy" the video is depends on your computer hardware and the video game settings. If you try recording a video game (like BioShock for example) at maximum settings, there's a good chance there will be skipping.

Keep in mind that all video recording programs do not compress videos as you're recording them, so this will result in large file sizes. Another thing is that once you're done recording, if you play the video from your hard drive, it'll be really laggy, however if you import it into a video editing program, it'll be fine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GameCam is the best. The quality is average, but the framerate is equal to the original file or just a BIT smaller, and the files are compressed amazingly. Definitely the best one.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fraps is the best I've ever used. Unless your PC is a heaping pile of ****, you should be fine using Fraps.

If your computer is a heaping pile of ****, however, I recommend using GameCame or HyperCam, as listed above.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or if he just doesn't want to compress and encode. That can be a pain sometimes.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not really. VirtualDub isn't a terribly difficult program to learn to use. If you're just looking for the easy way, then go with GameCam. Otherwise, Fraps + Adobe Premiere + VirtualDub = win.

And manual encoding has it's rewards, as you can configure the codec before encoding the video.

Best answers
Dude take Camtasia Studio 4.Its very very good.I just test it.YOu have free 30 days trial.YOu can record your srceen(with clean and high quallity picture) and you can record voice(choose "from microphone" or "What you hear" on your speakers).Its really good.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I suggest the purchasable version of GameCam. It's a fantastic video capturing program. I used it when I recorded my PvP on WoW.

You get a fantastic quality picture with no 'GameCam' watermark or anything, and it doesn't destroy your framerate ingame like Fraps can. And it's simple to use which always helps. Try it, you won't be dissapointed.

Oh, and converting your files, i highly reccomend adobe premier, although it's a tad more expensive.

And if you're wondering what the quality is like, put it this way, you could read the combat log and general chat log in WoW no problem.

Best answers
I suggest the purchasable version of GameCam. It's a fantastic video capturing program. I used it when I recorded my PvP on WoW.

You get a fantastic quality picture with no 'GameCam' watermark or anything, and it doesn't destroy your framerate ingame like Fraps can. And it's simple to use which always helps. Try it, you won't be dissapointed.

Oh, and converting your files, i highly reccomend adobe premier, although it's a tad more expensive.

And if you're wondering what the quality is like, put it this way, you could read the combat log and general chat log in WoW no problem.
Yeah I got to agree with him, especially on WoW. Even though I normally edit that out =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom