scouter stuff

Best answers
being that, scouters cover one eye of the character in the searies... this results in the warer haveing the scouters readouts transpossed onto their normal vision.. so... why not have it this way in the game.. what i mean is like in mixed mode it will outline or point out atleast where the characters are onscreen... maybe have a green color if there in clear view, and red when the view is being blocked by something... also have genral arrows pointing to where people offscreen... this aids in the fact that the current scouter dosnt make any references to elevation... meaning it would look that your infront of your enemy... but in actuality your infront and above, or below your enemy

Best answers
Good point but how would they make it so you could tell where they are?

Best answers
I don't like the sound of it. If you constantly had little arrows pointing to where your enemies are it would be a little lame. Its always fun when someone swoops at you and just before they hit you, ya teleport straight up. It gives you a breif moent to take adavntage of the situation. But yeah arrows would be lamer so EH

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
evirustheslaye said:
being that, scouters cover one eye of the character in the searies... this results in the warer haveing the scouters readouts transpossed onto their normal vision.. so... why not have it this way in the game..
because no one wears scouters :rolleyes:

Best answers
then why have the scouter at all if noone wears them.......

the location of the other players could be either a small circle or outline of the player... if there outside of view then you would see an arrow relateing to where they are in general... above arrow, at the top behind an arrow on the side and what not

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the scouters just the way they are. I say don't change them. All i need it to do is tell me where my enemy is. Nothing more

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Fire Phoenix. The scouter is fine the way it is! Only Ginyu should have it the way you are explaining, since he wears it! (Doesnt he?)

I think the team made it as a radar, and for it to fit in the DBZ series it had to be either a scouter or a dragon radar..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
would make more sense as dragon radar, beccause, turning on scouter, doesnt that represent you wearing it? even though gohan and them never wore it it still like representing they are wearing it, and the player scan, to see class and pl.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's aready a dragon radar. what are you talking about. Go to a map and put dragon balls in it. Turn your scouter to radar. you will see that the organge squares are the dragon balls. Leave it the way it is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
It's aready a dragon radar. what are you talking about. Go to a map and put dragon balls in it. Turn your scouter to radar. you will see that the organge squares are the dragon balls. Leave it the way it is.
The look of it..... Its currently a Scouter... Im talking about how it looks

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh? So you are saying you want it to look like the dragon radar thingy? If that's the case i still say no

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
I think it would just give you too much to look at. If you wanted this in then why not have a new mode in the scouter where it shows your screen (minus ki,pl, health, and scouter) as it would be in first person with yellow dots in it indicating where people are in your field of view. So basicly your screen in the scouter with a green tint and yellow dots. Although having your screen being made in two places at the same time would probably cause lag.

EDIT: It would also remove all chat messages and frag notifications.

Best answers
Having characters like Ginyu and Freiza and maybe Vegita use it wouldn't be too horrible..consider it like another vision mode. Force 1st person to use it tho...

Best answers
yah ok... force first persion in fullscreen mode sounds fine... plus theroeticly anyone can use a scouter.... bulma used one once

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't mind making scouters optional or providing a different system for characters that typically don't wear them on the show (Cell/Buu/Picollo), but for now we wont fix what isn't broken. I'll bring something up in the next meeting though.

★ Black Lounger ★
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
when we are on the scouter thingy, if someone puts the radar (scouter) on, thay should have a scouter model on the head..

if you want a fear play withot scouters you can see it by watching the model :D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the current scouter makes EVERYTHING IN THE GAME to easy for example ctbd, when you play this you have to use the scouter but that also makes it easy to find out where the enemy is gathering them so its a never ending game of chase or ctf

id like a new style scouter to cover alot of your vision and make a new way of tracking things to make it harder and point out direction of things and when an enemy is inside the scouter range it gives you a readout instead of just a picture of him and his pl

Best answers
ok how about this.... most characters can sense the general location of others... again with the overlay idea but a little more "fair" with out a scouter have like a a circle or arrows pointing to the other players "general location" and no dragon ball locations.... have the scouter as a pick up like the sensu beans...this will give you a more accurate location of characters... and then have the dragon radar... as another pick up item.... that is like the current radar.. just that it only shows dragon balls... and when the character dies they drop the scouter and the dragon radar

Best answers
Go into console and type in "scouter". Therefore its a scouter not a dragon radar.

I think it should put it on the characters head so it looks like he's looking into it. But I also think his idea is good, but needs tweaked. In the cartoon series, for the scouter to reveal someones location they had to put the button on it. So why not have it that if the person is wearing a scouter, it adds an extra 'attack'. So for the other peoples locations to be given away they have to push the button - which is what the new 'attack' does.

Edit:

Oh and these people wore scouters:
Raditz
Nappa
Vegeta (When he came to Earth for the first time)
Zarbon
Dodoria
Guldo
Burter
Racoome
Jeice
Ginyu
Frieza

Bulma also wore it at one point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom