School's out for the summer!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
gah, i hate grades.
At least you know when yours come in. I get to nervously check the BearScat site every couple hours to see if any of my grades are in yet. With the 3.6 I got from last term, unless I do worse than I expect, I should get the 2.6 or whatever it is that I need for MatE next year.

I get to work all summer, so it really isn't much of a vacation, but I should have plenty of beer money for next year. And plenty of beer too because I get a 12-pack every other week on top of my pay. Labatt ftw.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Meh, i still have weeks to go. But the may vacation is in 1 day! 1 week holidays, whoohoo! I wonder who invented school -_-

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One more week after this, then a week of finals. Then I'll be free! Til September :(

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
=/ all through school it was the last week of july till the first week of september that were the summer holidays, also called "6 weeks" guess why >_<

this year at college (english definition, not uni) its a little earlier though, we break up mid june... woot... i still cant believe how the rest of ya get so much time off =\

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wrote my last exam on the 22nd (last Saturday), and have since been coasting, doing precisely what frsrblch has been doing - checking my online transcript for any posted marks. I've got three out of four results back, and I'm very anxiously awaiting the fourth one =\

I'm done until my summer course starts in July, and that one runs for three weeks. I'll have the last week of July as well as all of August to myself, as well.

University ftw

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
May 19th =/ That's meh last day. I graduate on like the 24th or something :)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
May 19th? Goddamnit, I hate New York's education system. Hell, I heard high schoolers in Florida only need 26 credits to graduate. I needed 45 at minimum, but for the diploma that looks pretty I had to take a bunch of extra classes and take extra Regents and AP Exams.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wrote my last exam on the 22nd (last Saturday), and have since been coasting, doing precisely what frsrblch has been doing - checking my online transcript for any posted marks. I've got three out of four results back, and I'm very anxiously awaiting the fourth one =\
Three of four? I'm still waiting for the first one back! I started writing on the 18th, so it's been more than a week. Granted, both of those were completely written exams, but still. If it wasn't for alcohol, beer and hockey, I would be losing my mind!

Best answers
I get out June 8th... or was it 9th? Well, you guys get the idea. Then I have 2 more years of Highschool.... I wish I could just skip the next 2 years of my life, be 18 and go to college.

Best answers
I'm a damn Frosh.... (Freshman)

God damn you Sophs/Juniors/Seniors that still watch DBZ and get out really early.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't get out untill June 19. One more extra day of school due to the riots here. ;_;

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Uhhh.....I think my last exam date is like....June 20th? Ah hell, it's a tuesday that's somewhere around that date. After that I'm free until probably late Sept. This college year has been weird though, we started at the end of Sept and also had like...5-6 weeks off for X-mas......which was weird as we usually get 2. Woo for Uni courses, I've had more time off this year than I have before. :)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Majin_You said:
University ftw
Hah, are you sure about that? I mean, come on. School takes up most of your free time, including college & Uni. Even Azzkiker (Former HL2Files Admin) didn't had much time anymore due his Uni stuff. And i even barely see you online Majin, shame on you! *shrugs*, besides that point. I'm not having a hard time on college lately, easy stuff to do and i'm always on the computer at college.. Why? Duh, i'm doing ICT. Which is basicly all Software/Hardware stuff ^_^.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
Hah, are you sure about that? I mean, come on. School takes up most of your free time, including college & Uni. Even Azzkiker (Former HL2Files Admin) didn't had much time anymore due his Uni stuff. And i even barely see you online Majin, shame on you! *shrugs*, besides that point. I'm not having a hard time on college lately, easy stuff to do and i'm always on the computer at college.. Why? Duh, i'm doing ICT. Which is basicly all Software/Hardware stuff ^_^.
Are you kidding? While I do spend more time of homework than I did in highschool, I spend way less time in lectures than I ever did in class. On the whole, I find uni to be easier than high school. Really, it's math and science all day for me, no historical memorization or silly grammar nonsense, and if you need to take the extra time to do an assignment you didn't do the night before because you were pissed as a pirate, you can simply skip a lecture and get the notes off the internet later. I tell you, it's simply awesome.

Well, at least I enjoyed it. Some people may not.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
This whole year, the whole class did barely anything. All we did was playing C&C Red Alert 2 in class, and GTA 2. And a lot of other games. It's fun you know ^_^

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
I had about 16 hours of class per week according to my schedule, but in most of my three-hour night classes which I had three of, the profs let us out after about 2 and a bit, so I really had about 13 hours of class per week, ftw lawl o/.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Are you kidding? While I do spend more time of homework than I did in highschool, I spend way less time in lectures than I ever did in class. On the whole, I find uni to be easier than high school. Really, it's math and science all day for me, no historical memorization or silly grammar nonsense, and if you need to take the extra time to do an assignment you didn't do the night before because you were pissed as a pirate, you can simply skip a lecture and get the notes off the internet later. I tell you, it's simply awesome.

Well, at least I enjoyed it. Some people may not.
I'm in agreement, here (well, save for the fact that I don't really get homework in uni, just need to allocate study time). For one, I'm taking courses that actually cover areas I'm interested in, and that actually makes studying easier. I wouldn't say that it eats up all of my free time, either. Studying for finals in December and April, naturally, will require my complete attention, but that leaves September, October, November, January, February, March, May, June, July, and August open for me, minus the time required to attend lectures in a few of those months, and write the occasional lab report. Whether or not university cuts into stuff done on the side (a prime example, to contrast to HL2 files, in Skyrider's post, is administrating the forums, here. I also teach a class on Saturday mornings) completely depends on the person. By and large, I'm perfectly capable of balancing my academic and social lives.

As for the comment about not seeing me on AIM/MSN, well...that might be due to time zones, as, save for early December and early April, I've been on either quite frequently.

And, like Opti, when I had a 3-hour night class last spring, the prof always let us out early, anyway. He even had an intermission 45 minutes in, heh. No, I definitely stick by what I said: university ftw. It provides me with complete control over what I want to learn and when I want to learn it. Studying is just one of the sacrifices that needs to be made, therein. However, the activities besides studying are well worth that sacrifice, I must say ;)

Best answers
Kimfu said:
Still have 2 months to go :(

/me throws random crap at the Belgian collegesystem
yeah,i live in belgium too and also have 2 months of school to do.
altought it might be a litlle less since i don't have exams >_<.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom