School Yearbook Cover

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I Need some C&C on this , Here's the assignment for our class..
"Design a Yearbook Cover with an appropriate theme. Your concept for the them should be evident in the imagery, typography and its ability to be translated throughout the many diffrent sections of a yearbook.

For this project we will use Photoshop 7 Or CS Software.

The final product must be burned to CD-Rom
The Colour for the file must be opened as a CYMK
You must collapse the file and save as a TIFF before you burn it,

-Front Cover file size is 8.5X11
-Back Cober file size is 8.5X11
-Spine is .375"
-Resolution is 300 DPI

In your Sketchbook do a visual brainstorm around your theme;design the text with typography that suits your theme.
The Brainstorm page can have clippings you are inspired by and relate some how your concept for the theme. You may take photograghs with the digital camera and past in prints of those images."

I'm planning to use "The power of expression" Or "The official yearbook of the new millenium" for the phrase or what ever its called..
I Need some C&C to make it better, im trying to follow them after I got this far.. so far I have a , "Trend, Grunge, eh Organic? and eh spirituall or light" style so far mixed in 4 sides..The School Is Called Tupper, and the tiger is its mascot. I might need some help for a new phrase or somthin... Btw, This Is Like 25% Of The Actuall size.. o_O . I'm planning a Baby blue For The Colour..And The School Name/logo In The Middle Surrounded By Light kinda..And VSB (Vancouver School Board) At the bottem left.. Thinking of removing the Japanease Lettering At the Bottom Left..Says "Beauty" Or "Beautyfull"..

Best answers
That is way too erratic and bizarre for what you're doing.

You're supposed to Design a Yearbook Cover with an appropriate theme. Your concept for the theme should be evident in the imagery, typography and its ability to be translated throughout the many diffrent sections of a yearbook.

I have no idea whatsoever as to your theme. I couldn't even tell you what format that cover is supposed to fill if you didn't give me that information. I think you need to really solidify your theme before you start designing anything.

Also, that japanese means beautiful person/woman, not just beautiful. Don't use characters unless you're forced to or you know for certain what they say.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The thigy looks very weird of my site... its colorless.... and ....Oesite havea technic site..the other is very weird.... well not my thingy! change it the thing that it dont let look weird ! Make it more clear and colorfull! (red i will suggest!)
Sry when i sucked up in English!

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What is the theme... premade brush land? For a yearbook cover, it is pretty bad. There is no content, it looks like a mess, way to busy and it does not even look like it has anything to do with school or any school related object. You need to add some colour to it to atleast make it somewhat interesting.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hooly jesus, if that was my yearbook cover I'd quit school... honestly dude, that's ugly, way too busy, and it's all d/l'ed brushes, go pwn some presets or something jeez. plus I'm sure the coloring will only make it worse. You really need to scrap that and start over.

Best answers
too busy, cant tell what it is doin, too chaotic.. need to blend it slower

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
your one of those people who are on the "yearbook team" ehh?

simulated leatherbound yearbooks for the win \o/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom