School Shooter: North American Tour 2012(Mod)

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://www.moddb.com/mods/school-shooter-north-american-tour-2012

About

School Shooter: North American Tour 2012 is an upcoming Source modification developed by Checkerboarded Studios (the same "company" that brought you Checkerboarded Hopes), in association with METOKUR.

You play a disgruntled student, fed up with something (we're not exactly sure), and after researching multiple school shooting martyrs, he decides to become the best school shooter ever. You decide to arm yourself with the exact same weapons as a previous school shooter such as; Eric Harris' TEC-9, Dylan's sawed-off shotgun, Seung-Hui Cho's akimbo pistols, Nevada-Tan's...box cutter? The possibilities are endless, you are free to do whatever you want. As long as it involves shooting people.

School Shooter: North American Tour 2012 is dedicated to being the best school shooting experience an angsty little **** could ever experience, with contributions from [NAME REDACTED] of [COMPANY REDACTED], as well as [NAME REDACTED], we would also like to mention how much [NAME REDACTED] has had a key part in certain areas such as [INFORMATION FORTHCOMING].

Simply put, this **** will blow your mother****ing mind. Literally, you will shoot yourself in the head at the end of the game. Sorry for spoiling it, but what did you expect? You're a spree killer, not a man.
Features

* 6 amazingly realistic maps with cool features like high dynamic range, and multiple students for you to shoot at.
* A points system that tracks every murder you commit. Bonuses are recieved for various things such as headshots, difficulty level you are on, what your health is, how cool you are in real life, and some other stuff that we'll probably crowbar in as time goes on by.
* A weapon loadout system based on 4 real-life spree killers.
* 13 brand-new ****in' weapons based on the weapons used by the aforementioned 4 spree killers, these will all be pain-stakingly modeled by one of our best (and probably only modeler), [NAME REDACTED].
* A round timer that will give you about 5 or so minutes to do what you do best, kill people. Gamemodes will be programmed that interface with this round timer, the ones we're working on right now are a "survival" type gamemode were you try to survive the longest amount of time, and another were you are given 60 seconds to kill as many people as you can. The more kills you get, the more time you get.
* Music that sounds a lot like the things certain school shooters (their names rhyme with Shmylan and Shmeric) were thought to be influenced by.
* Developer commentary by fellow developers of this fine project. Note: Developers actual voices will be masked in order to protect them from potential backlash.
* And what is more better than the ability to commit suicide at the end of your spree with a self-inflicted gun shot wound? What's even more special is that this works, even if you're completely out of ammo! (Real spree killers keep a single bullet hidden in their boot incase some **** goes down).
Oh man, the backlash..it is palpable.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
O_O

I keep losing faith in this world.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, instead of them doing it for real... I guess they can burn all the adrenaline their brain produces in response to bullying on this Source mod.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There'll be a lawsuit banning violent videos games because of this.... in 7 years.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rofl. This reminds me of JFK Reloaded.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is ****ed. I'd wish the same on the people who're developing this.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I don't get why it's so bad, looks hilarious. Kinda like JFK Reloaded was.

[video=youtube;fOSFafsloes]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOSFafsloes[/video]

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got JFK Reloaded installed now. Its actually pretty fun...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What about it offends you so much? It's entertainment, wrapped in a "shocking" package with a card on it that says "Got your attention?".

There are better things you should feel offended by than a simple mod. All I saw was some polygons representing people getting shot by some polygons representing a gun. You see? It's freedom of expression, no matter how untasteful you find it. You may not agree with the message but you should respect their right to say it. You're better off being offended by things that are actually counter-productive to our society.

...Like women's rights. Heyoooo!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because it is drenched in parody and makes of fun all of , as the description said, "angsty ****ers", it should not be taken seriously.

Goddamn Cho was a crazy mother ****er.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because it is drenched in parody and makes of fun all of , as the description said, "angsty ****ers", it should not be taken seriously.

Goddamn Cho was a crazy mother ****er.
[horrid joke]I heard he was pro. He went 32-1 with Duel Pistols . He would have made it far in Counter-strike but he lagged out and didn't respawn. I guess he left the server.[/horrid joke]

Yea. I went there. I don't care I am a horrible person.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't like it but you wouldn't try anything unconstitutional against it would you? That's the point I was trying to make. Don't like it? Don't play it. Problem solved. This isn't going to turn everyone who plays it into a school shooter.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, they didn't even bother to reskin the Half-Life models, and with a message such as...

Simply put, this **** will blow your mother****ing mind. Literally, you will shoot yourself in the head at the end of the game. Sorry for spoiling it, but what did you expect? You're a spree killer, not a man.
...I'm convinced this game is about stopping school shootings in a really sarcastic yet possibly affective manner.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't like it but you wouldn't try anything unconstitutional against it would you? That's the point I was trying to make. Don't like it? Don't play it. Problem solved. This isn't going to turn everyone who plays it into a school shooter.
Oh hell no, I wouldn't try to mount a campaign to have it removed. No, I am against censorship in broad terms, unless it affects the development of something that is obstensibly to be handled by parents. For instance, I'm against pre-puberty sex-ed. That should be up to parents, but I'm not going to say all sex ed is bad, as an example, and I think its quite usefull for those to the right of my political views who think that kind of thing is good to find out on your wedding night. That being said, this game is free speech. Its someone's expression, I have no right to silence them. Likewise, my views on it aren't up for censorship. I think its a terrible idea, but I'd fight for his right to make and hawk this mod. True conservatives believe in personal responsibility, which this jerk is not really thinking through.

TLDR;

Its his right to make and peddle the game, its my right to not like it. That said, I would never call for a ban or censorship of the mod.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This smells like trouble.

I can already see netwide petitions and Jack Thompson lookalikes chewing at the game industry for this. Not to mention itll give a few retards a new excuse.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh hell no, I wouldn't try to mount a campaign to have it removed. No, I am against censorship in broad terms, unless it affects the development of something that is obstensibly to be handled by parents. For instance, I'm against pre-puberty sex-ed. That should be up to parents, but I'm not going to say all sex ed is bad, as an example, and I think its quite usefull for those to the right of my political views who think that kind of thing is good to find out on your wedding night. That being said, this game is free speech. Its someone's expression, I have no right to silence them. Likewise, my views on it aren't up for censorship. I think its a terrible idea, but I'd fight for his right to make and hawk this mod. True conservatives believe in personal responsibility, which this jerk is not really thinking through.

TLDR;

Its his right to make and peddle the game, its my right to not like it. That said, I would never call for a ban or censorship of the mod.
Well said. I'm no conservatie but I completely agree with this.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Has anyone even seen their "gameplay" videos?

I feel they'r just getting undeserving attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom