Scariest movie you have ever seen...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, me and some mates are going to watch some movies with some girls and we want to have a good scary movie (just to scare the **** out of those girls :p). Anyhow, I was wondering if you might know any really scary movies that I could rent or something, I have heard things about The Blair Witch Project and The Shining, but I could always use your oppinions ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Arachnophobia, Chucky (any of 'em), The Ring (didn't scare me much, but it did some). Those are all I can think of right now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Silence of the lambs

i was quite young when i first saw it. hannibal lectur scared the **** out of me, not cos he did anything scary, or that i jumped or anything. just that he invaded my head. it was horrible.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Carrot Top's Chairman of the Board has always frightened me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
k .... scariest movie i´ve seen.. Fredie Krüger VS Jason

._. ~~~~~~~*

Best answers
k .... scariest movie i´ve seen.. Fredie Krüger VS Jason

._. ~~~~~~~* <--- I found that film quite amusing, I suggest you watch the older ones theres more suspense hehe.

I'd say Alien 1, I saw that when I was about 9. I think I was walking around grasping my chest for the next 2 weeks hehe

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Showster said:
._. ~~~~~~~* <--- I found that film quite amusing, I suggest you watch the older ones theres more suspense hehe.
lol yeh i watched one very old one .... olly **** ... but there was also a quite nice scary film where a flying demon on a special day wake up and flys upwards and catch a human and fly with him far away and eat him...

its very scary.. i just forgot the name.. it had 2-3 chapters if i do rememmber

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Any of the 'Nightmare on Elm Street' are my personal favs. Gore is only so scary, it's the movies with the mind games that stop you from sleeping.

Best answers
I have yet to watch a movie that scares me.
But a really good movie to see is Silence of The Lambs.
Hannibal Lecter > all of you

Best answers
um ....
I have yet to see a movie that actually scared me...

Silence of the lambs was agood movie, but again, not particularly scary,

Older horror movies are cliche at this point, altho scarier then todays movies,

Personal Favorite of mine, Alien/Aliens

not scary, but they are bad ass movies ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Session 9 (Brad Anderson) or Jacob's Ladder (Adrian Lyne). If I had to pick one i'd take the latter as it has a great tense atmosphere and shock value, and doesn't rely on blood to get cheap scares. Both of the films inspired the storyline for Silent Hill 2, and thats the scariest game I know too.

The Changeling is also a good example of atmospheric tension, although it has nothing to do with Frieza.

Annie

A
I'd suggest going to for movies that have things pop out at you and surprise you...even if the movie isn't all that scary those seconds of surprise will be the most likely "OMG I NEED TO HOLD ONTO SOMEONE! THAT SURPRISED THE PEE OUTTA ME!" moments

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm..The Shining was a bit freaky at times..Especially that old naked woman o_O

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Want a good scary movie?

House on Haunted Hill, Leviathan, Invasion of the body Snatchers (the 1990's version), Steven King's IT, The Thing or a good zombie movie.

Best answers
Ravendust said:
Session 9 (Brad Anderson) or Jacob's Ladder (Adrian Lyne). If I had to pick one i'd take the latter as it has a great tense atmosphere and shock value, and doesn't rely on blood to get cheap scares. Both of the films inspired the storyline for Silent Hill 2, and thats the scariest game I know too.
Inspired in Silent Hill? This I must investigate.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are a lot of subtle allusions between the films and the game(s). The solitary broken wheelchair that appears in all four Silent Hill games appears in a corridor at the start of Session 9, the spasming-headed fleshy-straight-jacket vomit-spraying monsters you encounter throughout SH2 are also present in Jacob's Ladder. The hospital with the 'good' , normal side and the hellish darkside is there too as is the affinity for rusted metal grating and decay. Another big thing is that one of the endings (Spoiler: Where you see Harry dead in his crashed car at the start of the game) is ripped directly from JL (within context).

More information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Hill#Inspirations_and_references

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Annie said:
I'd suggest going to for movies that have things pop out at you and surprise you...even if the movie isn't all that scary those seconds of surprise will be the most likely "OMG I NEED TO HOLD ONTO SOMEONE! THAT SURPRISED THE PEE OUTTA ME!" moments
I absolutely hate "pop out at you" scary movies. They dont have scary characters or plots, theyre just 90 minute peekaboo shows. You can tell when something "scary" is about to occur because the music goes all OMFGWTFisgoingtohappen!! before anything actually happens. Wake me up when its over.

Now Silence of the Lambs, that one scared me ****less. I was young, and it was dark. Something about that guy just gets to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom