Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, Im curious as to how i can manipulate the sizes of my beam sprites using amxx. I basically want to scale up the trail, beamhead and beamstart sprites for particular attacks. I know how to refer to particular attacks, and swap/change the sprites, but i dont understand how to manipulate the sprite itself.

Here is a thread that i found most relevant : http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=61480

I refer you to ssj2goku's posts. Apparently he knew the script but didnt end up sharing it, and has been inactive for a year or so. If anyone can help me out with this script Id much appreciate it. Cheers in advance ^_^

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I understand that :

Code:
set_msg_arg_int( 9, ARG_BYTE, <value>)
Can be used to alter the scale of the beam attack size. However, this affects the size across all sprite components of the attack.

Im curious though, if there is a method in scaling the components of the attack individually instead of as a whole?

Lets say I want to multiply the scale of the trail by x, the beamhead by y, and the beamstart by z , is this possible?

Former Forcepit Member :(
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
well i am gonna use my cci code for my gohan to help ya
// << Level >> << WEAPON >> << ChargeSPRReplacement >> << Size >>
alterCharge( 0, "kamehameha", "sprites/w_kamehameha_c.spr", 0.3 );
0 beaing level aka non ssj 0.3 being size of charge 0.3 is a normal size

if ( equal( Class, "greenattack" ) && getClientLEVEL( Client ) > 4 )
{
set_msg_arg_int( 2, ARG_SHORT, SPR_RED_S );
set_msg_arg_int( 3, ARG_SHORT, SPR_RED_S );
set_msg_arg_int( 5, ARG_SHORT, SPR_RED_T );
set_msg_arg_int( 6, ARG_SHORT, SPR_RED_T );
}
2 3 5 and 6 are the size altering

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
hrmm thats using a stock i dont think i have, that or the cci uses its own module im not too sure exactly.

I dont have an alterCharge function, nor do arguments 2,3,5 & 6 mean that. Plus, i dont see how yours are doing anything but applying a sprite.

For me, set_msg_arg_int() =

1 - LONG - Client
2 - LONG - Weapon​
3 - BYTE - ?​
4 - SHORT - Beam Start A​
5 - SHORT - Beam Start B​
6 - SHORT - Beam Head A​
7 - SHORT - Beam Head B​
8 - SHORT - Trail​
9 - BYTE - Overall Size​
10 - BYTE - Segment Length​
11 - COORD - X​
12 - COORD - Y​
13 - COORD - Z​

alterCharge( 0, "kamehameha", "sprites/w_kamehameha_c.spr", 0.3 ); Is only going to affect the charge sprite, right? I want to increase the trailsize a lot and beam start/head a little. I think i should explore some other stocks....

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The CCI uses its own functions that are more suited for ESF.

Former Forcepit Member :(
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
the only other way i know of is making bigger sprites witch i can do from time to time

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I cant find any esf stocks that are helpful in regard to sprites, nothing but shorthand natives which can be made easily enough.

I made bigger trail sprites by hand and achieved nothing :S What size do they have to be to get a noticeable affect? After making a sprite X4 size and seeing nothing i figured it was all script driven.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I have, my point is that arg 9 scales the entire beam, so its all the same proportion but bigger/smaller. When I get the beamtrail the size i want, the beam start is monstrously huge. I want to scale the beamhead and trail up high, and the beamstart to be -just- slightly larger than the trail.

If this cant be done with script, im guessing i just have to make the beam start really really small , would just be a bigger pain in the as the get it perfect.

Best answers
Although I am not sure, in a hooked function an entity index is passed as an argument and possibly with that index( after checking if it's the right part using get_msg_...) you can change pev_scale or pev_size to get your desired look?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom