Save Sega!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
"Starting February 17, 2004, Sega will begin a rapid descent to death and cease to exist as we know it. Sammy Corporation, another Japanese videogames company with games you may never have heard of, and its devil boss Hajime Satome, are going to KILL Sega by closing its famous and globally respected development studios, and by stealing its vast floor space in arcades across the world. "

this is deadly serious, please, everyone go to http://www.savesega.com/ they need your support.

oh, and if this has been said before, or its really old or summin, i will happily throw myself under a bus. thank you.

Best answers
This begs one question.. Why? Um, in video game market, it's strictly survival of the fittest, and if Sega's not turning the coin, then its proprietor will find someone who will. I'm personally disappointed in Sega. The latest Sonic games have been trash, and there's been no Streets of Rage 4. Even Toe Jam & Earl 3 let me down. I'm not surprised that their backs are against the ropes. Their sports games are alright, but.. Hey. Such is life. That Space Channel 5 game type of stuff just isn't going to get it done.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i thought sega was bought by nintendo several years ago?

Best answers
Ice Man said:
i thought sega was bought by nintendo several years ago?
Not at all, heh. Sega just makes games now, that's all. Sonic Heroes is out for all three systems, if you've noticed. o_o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
solidus said:
oh, and if this has been said before, or its really old or summin, i will happily throw myself under a bus. thank you.
i hate to break it to u but that sites been saying the same thing sense the dreamcast kicked the bucket and sega went developer

Best answers
solidus said:
"Starting February 17, 2004, Sega will begin a rapid descent to death and cease to exist as we know it. Sammy Corporation, another Japanese videogames company with games you may never have heard of, and its devil boss Hajime Satome, are going to KILL Sega by closing its famous and globally respected development studios, and by stealing its vast floor space in arcades across the world. "

this is deadly serious, please, everyone go to http://www.savesega.com/ they need your support.

New Threan Now starting on Beyond unreal forums. "Forums.dontadvertize.com" I hope you don't mind if i just do a copy and paste.... w/quote.

EDIT:
*dontadvertize* forum thread now active.

Best answers
Oh yea I forgot!!!

If sega dies We won't buy!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dont double post!!!! newbah!!! and sega rules, hope it dont die.

vigilantes rule!!!:D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sega is done for, they lost sonic to nintendo... wuts sega w/o sonic? nada :tired:

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
i never liked sega so i dont really care if they die .. they are just not good enough! get it :p ... mario brothers pwns sonic
damn i still hate sega haha

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
personally i hought the dreamcast was the most solid system in its time, it wasnt as powerful as he ps2 but it had the built in modem, and tons of accessories, , (PSO when it was free was teh pwn)

problem is, they had a good system but only a handfull of good games,

the same problems the xbox is going through right now, its the most powerful of the 3 systems out there system wise, but its losing to the cube and the ps2 cuz of the fact hat theres no good games left, (halo 2 though has already convinced me to buy another xbox)

if sega could produce better games they wouldnt be in this situation, look at how many consoles theyve made that lost in the console wars through the last 20 or so years, its inevitable that they are eventually going to die out

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
i never liked sega so i dont really care if they die .. they are just not good enough! get it :p ... mario brothers pwns sonic
damn i still hate sega haha
/me slaps DJ across the face
How can you like the italian queer brother!? errr Sega has always been better
than Nintendo... they have made slight mistakes when they never even had
that much money. If anything they made the same mistakes that Squaresoft
did whiles back, with Xenogears, FF the movie, and FF:LTC the TV Series.

Their biggest mistake was putting the Sega Saturn up for $300 bucks, I bought
it but not many people did. Cause all the others systems were around $200 or
below. The Gamegear wasn't as popular as the gameboy due to the lack of
games made for it, and Sega CD didn't sell as much as the Saturn itself. I was
also one to buy the Sega CD (Pretty cool add-on to the Genesis)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i hate to break it to u but that sites been saying the same thing sense the dreamcast kicked the bucket and sega went developer
righto... i think the 3F should be near my house in a minuit, i hope my corpse doesnt slow down the service too much.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've heard rumors (and seen a screenshot) that during the time Dreamcast was around Sega was planning on making Virtua Fighter 3 on the Saturn. But the image reminded me more of Remix for the Saturn.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
yeah its true, u can win a video of it on one the of vf games.

Best answers
The one game Sega really dropped the ball on was Sonic Fighters. It was an arcade game loosely based on VF's playstyle that was in the arcade. They never made a console version, the fools.. It looks bad-ass in the screenshots I've seen of it. Oh well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well at least Sega's only MADE MISTAKES. Nintendo BLATANTLY IGNORES the demand among gamers sometimes. I don't think Sega's going under, though; as long as they are strictly developer they should stay afloat without a problem.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's about time Sega was eradicated. I like their work but they just aren't making the cut. They don't make enough games, they don't have a console anymore, and they just aren't that big in the industry anymore. The Sonic Team will move to Nintendo and keep making games there I'm sure, so there is no loss. I'm sure the Sonic Team is why most people are crying over Sega anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom