Sarah Palin - Oh, Great...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would like to make a correction to my post. Our national debt as a result of Republican leadership is not a trillion or slightly over a trillion dollars, as I seemed to imply.

Our national debt is $9,670,147,502,967.10.

I apologize for grossly misrepresenting how much damage the Bush administration has done to this nation, and more specifically, our economy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WHOOSH.

That was this thread going over my head.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just wanna reply to this then you guys can continue trying to rip each others heads off.

posted by DBTS:
And in rebuttal to a comment about people being tired of the war: I have several freinds serving, and who have served in that war. I have been fortunate to not have one die on me. One has had people die on him though, and he's of the opinion that pulling out now, without the job being done, consititutes his freinds dying for nothing.

How would you like to give your life for something and have the people at home want you to come home in your casket in failure? If I gave my life, I'd want it to mean something, even if people hated what was going on there.

Soldiers have faught and died there for years, coming home without winning is spitting in their face now.
lives are not the only thing we lose in war. throughout history we've went too war with the aspects of protecting lives, and for that a few people die. but they are not in this war for the purpose of protecting the americans, or we would've already pulled out. even a large portion of government officials have stumbled over the simple question of "what are we still doing there?"

right now they ARE dying for nothing. if we pull out now then at least they died so a couple of other soldiers could go home and see their families.

staying in iraq is not only proving our own weaknesses, stubbornness, and indecisiveness. its also slowly diminishing our own troops that we may need to be training for future conflicts.

we cant win for the simple fact that we have more weapons and troops. Vietnam proved that

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I support McCain and Palin. The speeches over the past week have been more than enough to convince me, and once more Sword brings conservative ownage to a community run by liberals.

Best answers
Well hopefully we can all agree that going into Iraq was a bad idea, and that Sarah Palin is a VPILF.

Personally I'm not 100% satisfied with either parties nominees, from Mccain's ignorance on the economy (and his denial thereof), to Obama's side-stepping the wiretapping issue (being against it but voting for it).

Obama fits into more of my social views than McCain does, so thats who i'll probably vote for, but I say whoever gets elected--this country needs to move in a new direction.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that Sarah Palin is a VPILF.
Thank you.

I thought the choice of Palin was kind of random, desperate looking actually. I still voting for Obama-Biden and really don't see much success by putting McCain in office.

I do not have the political prowess of Nix or DiebytheSword. If I dare get into a political debate with them as to defend my views, it'd probably result with me in a fetal position craving for anarchy. But I what I can say, is that I do not see much of a difference from the current administration of McCain was put in office. I will say he would be better than Bush, not nearly enough to warrant my vote. Obama isn't a deity either, but it's been awhile since them majority of America is thinking "I support my President".

G
just wanna reply to this then you guys can continue trying to rip each others heads off.

posted by DBTS:

lives are not the only thing we lose in war. throughout history we've went too war with the aspects of protecting lives, and for that a few people die. but they are not in this war for the purpose of protecting the americans, or we would've already pulled out. even a large portion of government officials have stumbled over the simple question of "what are we still doing there?"

right now they ARE dying for nothing. if we pull out now then at least they died so a couple of other soldiers could go home and see their families.

staying in iraq is not only proving our own weaknesses, stubbornness, and indecisiveness. its also slowly diminishing our own troops that we may need to be training for future conflicts.

we cant win for the simple fact that we have more weapons and troops. Vietnam proved that
It's truly sad but, you're right.

I don't give a damn about the American elections, for one simple reason; They are as important as Big Brother (Reality TV Show) nominations. They're nothing but a popularity contest that won't change anything. America will slowly pull out of Iraq over the coming year and during this period attack, possibly with the use of nuclear weapons, Iran.
The two parties are just as incompetent as each other, and any vaguely interesting nominees have been downtrodden and disregarded.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They're nothing but a popularity contest that won't change anything.
Does that mean you think that if Al Gore was elected in to office in 2000 instead of George W. Bush, everything right now be exactly the same?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Does that mean you think that if Al Gore was elected in to office in 2000 instead of George W. Bush, everything right now be exactly the same?
1. if it wasn't a popularity contest al gore probably would've been elected too office.

2. florida cheated.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I support McCain and Palin. The speeches over the past week have been more than enough to convince me, and once more Sword brings conservative ownage to a community run by liberals.
So you support speeches that don't talk about any issues, just attack the opponents?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. if it wasn't a popularity contest al gore probably would've been elected too office.

2. florida cheated.
If it was solely a popularity contest, Gore would have been President considering he won the popular vote.

Force Pit Member
Best answers

2. florida cheated.
Um, Al gore got more electoral votes than Bush.

Bush won.

How's your theory looking now?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
electoral votes are also cast by human beings, as pointless as it is.

theory holds strong.

and Florida still cheated.

but I'm still stumped as too why we have 2 different methods of vote tallying.

anyway, proof of the matter is in this years election. Obama is the popular candidate, so Mccains speechists (as they are now called) are really only doing their best to slander him. truthfully, i haven't seen him comment much on any particular issue in the past few months. mostly just repeating "obama will do this, but I...I will do that. BEHOLD!!

thats really all ive heard him say, and its not boding well for his credit.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um, Al gore got more electoral votes than Bush.

Bush won.

How's your theory looking now?
He got less electoral votes and more popular votes. Electoral votes decide who becomes President. The reason for him getting less electoral votes is the Republican party campaigned for and eventually succeeded in throwing away thousands of would-be Gore votes, costing him Florida and ultimately causing him to lose the election.

G
Well if nothing else the US'd have better environmentalism.

Incidentally, why are members turning into the founding fathers all of a sudden?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Turning? My dear boy, we are not turning into anything.

I am and have always been Thomas Jefferson.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can I be Abraham Lincoln?

I always thought he was a cool guy.

And then we can, like, fight to see who wins America.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom