Sandland by Akira Toriyama

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its what he worked on 5 years after the Dragonball Manga ended. I love the story and its a great piece of work. Dabura is even in it("King of Demons/Belzelbub's dad").

After enduring years of natural disaster and war, the world of Sand Land is left without its main supply of water; the river that provided water to the country dried up long ago. With the greedy king of the land's personal water supply becoming increasingly more expensive for the citizens of Sand Land to buy, the people begin robbing one another for water and money. Sheriff Rao, tired of the king's greed, approaches the demons of Sand Land for help in searching for a new water supply. Demon prince Beelzebub and his friend Thief agree to join Rao.

Soon after their quest begins, their car breaks down and they are forced to steal a tank from the king's army. This attracts the anger of the king and he mobilizes his forces to stop them. Sheriff Rao, a former legendary general of the king's army, is able to quickly deal with all of the current army's attempts to hinder their progress. Once they reach the supposed water supply at the end of the now dried up river bed, they find a lake that now acts as the king's private reserves. With the water sealed away behind a dam to give the king a monopoly over water, Rao, the demons, and those sympathetic to their cause tear it down. With the water returned to the world as a result, the king's oppressive rule is brought to an end.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That actually sounds a bit like the subplot of Nams village in Dragonball XD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its only 1 volume long though saddly.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No anime Yet. But it would be a 5 to 6 anime episode thing.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've had the manga for ages, infact my first ever model in milkshape was beelzebub. Gave it to my nephew last year for his birthday (he loves dbz and naruto) It's a nice manga, it's beautifully drawn, imo it was done just before his style went all... cuddly again, nice sharp artwork, lots of cool vehicles. It's very dragonball though in terms of fighting though.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wish that style of Artwork were still in. That is my favorite style of Art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom