Saga Character Mode+Models

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey ho.

Was thinking of something.
Couldnt there be some sort of Sagamodel mode thing where you can choose for example and where the characters have less or pl.
Ex: Goku in Freezer saga= 100000 startpl and in cell saga= 750.000...

Goku from Freezer Saga where has different attributes and attacks
Transformation/Powerup : Kaioken and then SSJ1
Attacks: KKH and Spirit Bomb (dunno what else was)

Goku from Buu Saga:
Transformations: SSj,SSJ2, SSJ3
Attacks all i think.

each goes for every char where is included in ESF.

Freezer Saga Gohan:
Has no transformation but an small powerup

Cell saga Gohan:
SSJ and SSj2

I hope you get what i mean, this idea shouldnt replace existing Character just as an nice addition maybe.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would be some fun to do this, but it would be a bit like DB:Source.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah i know.

Its just like this maybe

Freezer Saga:
Goku: Kaioken -> SSj
Vegeta: ? Nothing :p
Gohan: Powerup
Krillin: Powerup
Piccolo: Nail Fusion

Ginyu Guys: No forms
Freezer: His Forms

Near the could be PL Templates
--------------

Android Saga:
Vegeta: SSJ
Trunks: SSJ
Gohan: None
Piccolo: Fusion with Kami
Krillin: None
Tien: None
Yamacha: None

Characters are stronger then the chars from Freezer Saga choosable models...weaker in movement maybe and pl.
---------------

Cell Saga:
Goku: SSJ
Gohan: SSJ2
Trunks: SSJ -> USSJ
Vegeta: SSJ -> USSJ ???
Piccolo: None, but stronger than Android Saga Char
Krillin:
Yamacha:
Tien:

Androids
Cell
maybe cell kids

also Stronger then the Saga where went before....

and so on.

Maybe some peoples like to play as an weaker version from the sagas then the stronger version from Goku or vegeta etc...

But No Starting attributes should be higher then the Character Attributes setted in the Basic ESF choosable models or else people would clearly choose Buu saga goku with ultimate power....

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Your suggestion is good, but I'm a bit iffy about the model part. Are you wanting the character models to follow the Saga's? As in, if you were playing in the Frieza Saga, you'd be Kid Gohan, Cell Saga would be Teen Gohan, etc. If so, I'm against it. Although the appearances didn't change much, it's still a lot of unnecessary work for a game mode that fans might not even play.

Though if this ever gets implemented, I suppose we could disable the characters that didn't exist in the Saga that is being played. For example, if you were playing in the Frieza Saga, you'd be unable to play characters such as Cell and Buu.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah about the models.
Only a few would need changes like Gohan and Trunks. The other never really changed i mean, and if they only had an different sign on their suits.

And yeah i would like it to have every saga char play against every other saga char. similiar like budokai i think.

And if people dont like that then it could be choosable:

*All Chars+Saga Chars
*All Saga Chars
*Saga chars
-Vegeta Saga
--Vegeta/Goku/Gohan/Piccolo/Krillin/Yamacha/Tien...Nappa ?
-Namek/Frezzer Saga
--Vegeta/Goku/Gohan/Piccolo/Krillin...Freezer/Ginyu Guys,,, maybe the goons Zarbon and the big guy
-Dunno Saga
--Dunno
-Android Saga
--Vegeta/Trunks/Gohan/Maybe Goku but with weak SSJ and attributes since hes sick/Piccolo/Krillin/Yamcha/Tien...Androids
-Cell Saga
--Vegeta/Trunks/Goku/Gohan/Piccolo/Krillin/Yamcha/Tien.Mr satan(weak but fun to die... Cell/cell Kids
-After Cell Saga
--Chars, vegeta maybe ssj2 ? dunno
-Buu Saga(with Majin Vegeta :p)
--Goku(till ssj3)/Vegeta(Till Majin),Gohan Adult, Kid trunks/Kid Goten/Krillin/Piccolo...Buu goons/Buu

each saga has its own weaknesses and strenghts.

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i hope you are considering the half-life model limit with this suggestion

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What model limit?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think he might mean the Model Animation Limit. >_>

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Well, in theory we are talking that this is an addition rather than the main game.

So in the model part the game should just load the correct models for each mod/saga.

Although, freeza saga for example, it starts to get unbalanced, like for example: goku is the only one against freeza. Who will choose krillin or gohan. I would just for the heck of it but mostly people(noobs xD) go for the strongest and favourite character. Although to tell you the truth, even if it was unbalanced, I would like it.

I'm also pro for giving 1 character per game (I.E only 1 person can be goku, only 1 person can be vegeta only 1 person can be Freeza etc...)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, in theory we are talking that this is an addition rather than the main game.

So in the model part the game should just load the correct models for each mod/saga.

Although, freeza saga for example, it starts to get unbalanced, like for example: goku is the only one against freeza. Who will choose krillin or gohan. I would just for the heck of it but mostly people(noobs xD) go for the strongest and favourite character. Although to tell you the truth, even if it was unbalanced, I would like it.

I'm also pro for giving 1 character per game (I.E only 1 person can be goku, only 1 person can be vegeta only 1 person can be Freeza etc...)

Thus limiting a Sever to a max of what 10 or 11 people. (However many characters there are.)

I dont think I would like a limited player game mode.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sure some newbs would simply Buu saga Goku and beat other players where simply choose frezzer saga goku.
But didnt good players overcome so far most of the Laming players even if they stood strong on the ground ?

And a character limit would be dumb in my opininion sure as an option ok but not setted.

And such saga characters could be hell of a fun to some.
Maybe you like to play as goku from frezzer saga and have kaioken and SSj as an transformation. but wasnt possible because ESF has its onw designed chars for balancing issues. ANd with such an Saga ModelMode it wouldnt be that nescessary to have such an watch on the char because they can be designed after the series. And people could play they char of the saga they liked the most with the attacks and transformations he had at this time.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah =).

But im all for some Saga styled chars. Fits kinda the new esf where comes close and beyond the PS2 budokai games, where you could still design your own char with the capsules (ESf pre designed for Esf).

But Saga chars should have higher starting attributes or it would maybe make choosing esf pre designed chars useless maybe.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Id more be asking myself. WHo the hell would be willing to make so many models.

Besides a Kaioken transformation for Goku would be a no go due to certain reasons XD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why many models ? They are already done. They can be used.
Over the series Goku,vegeta,Krillin,Piccolo never really changed, i think.

Only changes where would be made have to made on Gohan since he gets older, and on Trunks with longer hair and his Armor.

And chaning the logo on gokus suit isnt that much of a deal :).

I dint mean giving kaioken for goku, was just an example for saga chars.

SagaGoku: Normal->kaioken->SSJ
Buu Saga Goku: Normal->SSJ->SSJ2->SSJ3

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I already had this idea, but it was likely to be rejected. Anyway, PLs shouldn't follow the series since ESF isn't DBZ and balance is key.

I'd still like to play with all characters in one (like Buu fights teen Gohan, etc.), but server administrators should have an ability to remove some default characters. If that is possible, a nice "Saga" addon could be made.

I don't think people will let ESF die after 1.3.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didnt mean that the pls should follow the series.

Just that frezzersaga goku is weaker in pl+attributes then buusaga goku.
ANd i also like to have cell saga ssj2 gohan fight buu. no rejections should be made there. only maybe from serveradmin choosable.

Best answers
I think making a Saga mode for the purpose of separating the characters wouldn't work. It'd require too much additional work on the characters and ridiculous amounts of balancing to make it click.

Instead if the original game meshes well with a Story-type mode, it would make things a lot easier.

For example if you took Good vs Evil and made Evil start out significantly stronger, it'd be cool. Give them random objectives based on the Saga like... find the 7th Dragon Ball... kill (save) the nameks in the village, fight so-and-so, etc.

Evil & Good players can initiate 1 vs 1 Duels for a set time period to delay the other player, and then they have a chance to escape or other players can intervene until they start another Duel.

Good players try to prevent Evil from doing their objectives, or accomplish their own to gain the advantage. Collect the Dragon Balls (needed to revive allies or gain PL to ascend). Save the villagers, etc. Some characters might have an objective like... Fight Cell... or Fight Buu. If they fight and survive, they gain the objective bonus.

Cell might have an objective like... Kill the Androids. After doing so, he can transform.

I think if this was all coordinated and balanced well enough with objectives BASED on the Sagas, this would be the best form of a Saga mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom