Sadam to be hanged o/

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Too much effort is spent trying to reform criminals, while the societal problems that led them to be criminals in the first place are completely ignored. The jails themselves don't even seem to accomplish anything. At the very least, these people should be put to work, rather than have them sit and rot in a cell. Whatever happened to the chain gang?

Edit: Man this is getting political...

And as a sidenote, is there any way to block certain people's posts? I would prefer not to see my language butchered so.

There is a forum ignore feature, I believe ~magus

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its interesting. While hes guilty. I still cant shake the feeling that this is just the tip of the iceburg.

Something deep down tells me that getting him out of the way will awaken something terrible.

Man i hope im totaly wrong here.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
i draw the line at that, because, as i said before: if you are willing to take someone elses life, then you forfeit ALL of your human rights, you have none. you took away someone elses existance, and because of that, you lose your own right to exist.
Thats your opinion, that is in no way fact. You, not even god himself has the right to take life away from another being, Just look at the last woman hung in britain, she was proven innocent a matter of years later.

We get things wrong.

As your argument of "lack of fear" the only lack of fear, comes from the clever lawyers who are able to barter down sentences to pitiful amounts. If you're gonna blame anyone blame those capitalising money making bastards, not the lack of the lightning rod.

I could spend hours debating over how statistically we're getting more crime now because increase of population indecent education, bad parenting, yatta yatta yatta, there's a million and one things that contribute to crime in society, the one biggest one is what you're encouring with death sentence;

Its like smacking your children, you're teaching everyone in society the way to get things the way you want is by force and authority. That, is backwards my friend, more than human rights will ever be. You cant expect society to evolve or adapt if you're going to keep the same core thats been ****ing it up for millennia.

However, maybe i have too high expectations for our race, maybe we're all incapable of not resorting to such low outdated ways of keeping society together.

Sorry... i had to say what i think.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dude, my mom beat ten bells of **** out of me while i was growing up, and not being funny, i deserved it every time. some of the crap i did was outrageous.

if your kid runs into the road, and you tell them no, and they don't listen. next time, they might not make it back out of the road.
if they run into the road, and you slap them on the ass, you can be pretty sure they won't do it again.

sucks to be sure, but people learn fastest when they have something to lose, or something to gain. even if its pride, dignity, or even if they have to stop themselves from suffering a little pain.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm glad all the political crap is out of the way so we can finally rid this guy from our minds. Well, at least he was honerable in saying both "God is great" (though the statement is much less appropos in the way he intended it to be interperated) and to ask his countrymen not to seek vengeance upon we Americans. Sounds like he's trying his damndest to get into heaven, but at least he's not screaming at gaurds about how he's still the Iraqi president with his mouth crammed to bursting point with Doritos.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually, it was his lawyer who asked his countrymen not to seek vengeance, sadam himself is quoted elsewhere as saying "death to the infidels" haha.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
dude, my mom beat ten bells of **** out of me while i was growing up, and not being funny, i deserved it every time. some of the crap i did was outrageous.

if your kid runs into the road, and you tell them no, and they don't listen. next time, they might not make it back out of the road.
if they run into the road, and you slap them on the ass, you can be pretty sure they won't do it again.

sucks to be sure, but people learn fastest when they have something to lose, or something to gain. even if its pride, dignity, or even if they have to stop themselves from suffering a little pain.
of course, pain is immidate, requires no understanding other than "bad, stop!"

I'd prefer to teach my children how to think.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even so, David, Sadam IS guilty. It isn't the case here whether or not he's innocent and whether or not his sentence might be wrong.

He's too dangerous to be left alive.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats not even my point, my point is, killing people isn't the solution to all of society's problems. If it was, why not kill all the poor? there'd be no poverty :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but it could be the solution to some.

i understand what you're saying, and sure, i learned. the thing is, while the pain is instant and says "bad, stop" and nothing more. it meant that i was alive long enough to learn why.

Best answers
uncover bunker said:
kim yo yo(i dont know how to spell that name.... the fat dude in N. korea)
HAHAHHHAHAHHA! Ahh... thats great! *kim yo-yo.....

@David - Yah dude, but he killed thousands (if not, millions), he should pay for the lives he ended.

Its like the old saying "an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth". But its all opinion.. so whatever your beliefs, i guess.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know exactly what you're saying, but you said yourself "my mom beat ten bells of **** out of me while i was growing up, and not being funny, i deserved it every time. some of the crap i did was outrageous." So you clearly didnt learn in the same way, all you had to do is deal with the short term negative effects, which imo is never as bad or teaches you as much as how I was punished. If i got in trouble or did something wrong, my punishment was knowing how bad what it was I'd done, and how disappointed everyone was with me, and that kept me from getting in trouble more than anything.

Yeah he killed thousands but i'd rather he suffered for it rather than gain support, and have a short term punishment which he'd never learn a thing from.

Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
I know exactly what you're saying, but you said yourself "my mom beat ten bells of **** out of me while i was growing up, and not being funny, i deserved it every time. some of the crap i did was outrageous." So you clearly didnt learn in the same way, all you had to do is deal with the short term negative effects, which imo is never as bad or teaches you as much as how I was punished. If i got in trouble or did something wrong, my punishment was knowing how bad what it was I'd done, and how disappointed everyone was with me, and that kept me from getting in trouble more than anything.

Yeah he killed thousands but i'd rather he suffered for it rather than gain support, and have a short term punishment which he'd never learn a thing from.
I didnt say that.....

And as for the second part, waht your sayin is that.....

long term punishment (buttrape in prison)>short term punishment (death sentence)?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
indeed. I was talking to Axman not you, you replied while I was replying.

Best answers
Walmart Security said:
I didnt say that.....

And as for the second part, waht your sayin is that.....

long term punishment (buttrape in prison)>short term punishment (death sentence)?

huh...the dude in the cheapest mall. he was talking to mad axman....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Davidskiwan just verified what happened, I don't think he needs a reminder.

Best answers
uncover bunker said:
huh...the dude in the cheapest mall. he was talking to mad axman....
yah, MF29 got it. And im guessing the only reason why your calling me that is to piss me off... right?

alright, back ontopic/ I just read over the posts... I agree with Shiyojin, kinda. Yes, he is too dangerous to be left alive, but still, he's in prison... and there are some PRETTY BIG GUYS in prison.

Im sure most of them wouldn't mind having a peice of arabic salami every now and then.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:

and now lets look at how we both are? i won't go into that in depth here, but after talking with you on msn, i think you can guess what i mean.
i would also like to point out that i was a mentally troubled child, due to a lot of stuff happening to me. but thats over with, now i'm a mentally disturbed adult >;]

anyway, what you are saying is you would rather have his punishment long and drawn out, which goes against human rights. the longer the guy is alive, the more people, not just him, will suffer. it really is that simple.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
the longer the guy is alive, the more people, not just him, will suffer. it really is that simple.
That would be your opinion. Or do you have a solid fact.

While its true that he did order the killing. Im asking myself. Why did none of the people who actualy pulled the triggers say no. In my eyes that makes them as guilty as sadam himself.

But hey they shouldnt get punished with death. Cause they are to stupid to think for themselvs. As long as people are taught to folow the path of the least danger to themselvs while totaly ignoring eachother. This world will be filled with sorow. While the masses are brainwashed by the leaders they fail to realise that together they have more power than the leader. The question is only what keeps them brainwashed?

If you ask me its the fear of pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom