Sadam to be hanged o/

Status
Not open for further replies.
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
First off... that bomb saved millions of lives. It brought a swift end to the war, even if you dont agree with it. It was better to do that, then to do an invasion of Japan.
Sorry, just going to have to say to you, that is debatable, the war was already coming to a close at that point, and killing thousands of innocent people was not entirely justified.

I dont wanna upset anyone here, but imo Bush is just as much a Religious fundamentalist as most of the Islamic nations. I dont mind religion, but religion and politics is asking for trouble, always has, always will.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
I dont wanna upset anyone here, but imo Bush is just as much a Religious fundamentalist as most of the Islamic nations. I dont mind religion, but religion and politics is asking for trouble, always has, always will.
I'm inclined to agree with you on this, David.

Religion is something very personal, and mixing it with politics prevents politicians from acting in the benefits of everyone, including the benefits of those who are non-religious/of a different religion, because the politicians will be biased into making choices that suit their faith (e.g. Bush and same-sex marriage).

This way, politics becomes less democratic, even if the majoraty of a population shares a politician's religion.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Sorry, just going to have to say to you, that is debatable, the war was already coming to a close at that point, and killing thousands of innocent people was not entirely justified.

The Japanese had no intention of giving up. We had to hit them twice before they finally surrendered. Twice.

I can't agree with Bush being a religious fundamentalist. Personally, I think he's a guy with an agenda who happens to realize WASPs will follow him into battle if he pretends to be religious. At least islamic extremists actually believe what they preach.

Best answers
Davidskiwan said:

I agree with you that my comment is debateable... but if u want to further discuss it, take it to the PM's or MSN messanger. I dont want to be held responsible for this thread being closed.

And i also agree with the whole Politics and Religion thing. They DO NOT need to be mixed. It was in the constitution (i believe) and it should still be in effect.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
America wasn't even founded on Christianity but it somehow always comes into play. The bottom line is most people won't fight for something when logic tells them doing so is a horrible idea. Religion is used to play on people's emotions, and those emotions make people do stupid things i.e. Flag waving and saying its ok to attack everyone to get to that 7 foot tall guy who lives in caves. I don't see religion being completely separate from politics ever unless all politicans give up their religion and forget that the vast majority of the country's citizens belong to a single religion.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
sorry for bring back this old thread. I just wanna tell everyone Saddam Hussien had been executed.

well my job is done! you can close it!

Saddam Hussien (4/28/1937-12/29/2006)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom