s2k_snakeway_v2 help

Best answers
i downloaded a new map called s2k_snakeway_v2 long story short i couldn't understand why it wasn't working...then i saw that is was a regulare "file." All the maps are "BSP files," my question is is there a way to change it into a BSP file so that it will work?

thanks

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please define what you mean by "won't work".

The half-life engine reads map files under the extention of .bsp, hence there is no need to change them. If the file you have is not a bsp, then rename it to a .bsp for it to work.

If you mean the map isn't loading or showing up on your list, then you probably copied it to the wrong destination. The .bsp file goes into \esf\maps\ and the .tga files (if any) go into \esf\gfx\env\.

If there are any other problems regarding the map itself, then I would suggest you contact the S2k mapping team for further enquiries.

Hope you are able to sort this out, post back if you have trouble doing so.

Best answers
Yeah, I had this map. Just add .bsp at the end of it and it should work. IMO very good map although people camping in the house can just kill you with a strong beam(also killing themselves) or melee you and not give you a chance to get up.

Best answers
how do i put BSP in the file...renaming it wont do it...

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
derby said:
how do i put BSP in the file...renaming it wont do it...
Um, renaming will do it. And since .bsp isn't a common windows recognizable format, the extention shouldn't be hidden either.

So to answer your question, all you need to do rename it to add/change it's extention to .bsp

Best answers
how do i change the extention? and what should i rename it to?

Best answers
"(insert mapname here).bsp", just rename it by right clicking on it and selecting rename. It's VERY simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom