💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I decided to make a lil diary showing the creation of a website layout I may use. Now its my first ever so I have no idea what to do but I may as well post it.

Being updated later.

Best answers
Good start.

Though the place I believe you have for your contents(the white box) is a bit plain, and is out of place, try and make it have some curves and move seemlessly with the banner..

Tim

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have yet to create the box for the contents. The left one is meant to be navigation.

Sorry for not saying =]

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well U might want to make the siteheader a bit more curved.. and the nav bar then, but this works fine too.

I think u made a goo start the header is all ryok-style and looks nice if u want comments on the rest u need to update it first :p

grtz Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I am retiring for the night. Here is what I have so far.

Best answers
Alright, hopefully alllll those links I posted are good for you :yes:

Though, the piped dont seem to fit well, try and move them a bit to the middle that way it looks like you actually plug the pipes in, instead of them trying at the edge..

Other than that :yes: :yes: :yes:

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cool man, I'm semi-new to layout making myself, but I do not some stuff so I'll attempt to help you.

If you are useing straight HTML with NO Dreamweaver then you'll prolly have to slice some stuff.

Anyways just for overall everything I suggest having a black background, and an Affilate thing as a frame on the right of the page so you just have to edit one page instead of going threw all your .html files and inserting new Affilates.

If not black just make sure that the frame is the same colour as the rest of the site, that way it seems to blend right.

Anyways I know **** for Dreamweaver os if you need help with that I'll help j00.

Now to Crit the layout, maybe make the banner red. Might just be my fascination with red, but it might make the metal pipes and **** "work" together.

Best answers
I agree with you OWA, all but the red part, yes It would look cool with red banner, but that'd be a bit of extra work than needed..

light blue , silver, and black is a great color scheme.

So is red, silver and black..

Great overview by the way.

Best answers
I dont understand why you make the whole site as a picture... Or did you just take a screenshot of it on the web or something...

Best answers
Make the site as a picture, get your ideas etc..

Maybe use the images later on by splicing them up into pieces and inserting them into html..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by TimTheEnchantor
Maybe use the images later on by splicing them up into pieces and inserting them into html..
yes smart boy i think thats whats ryoko is doing:S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah thats what I (or someone I know :p) is going to do ^.^

Heres the next stage.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well done! For your first, it definitely doesn't show, seems like u've been making layouts for a while. Good job, and make sure to post the URL for the site when its ready :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

A friend (Photoshopdocument) gave me an idea for it, so I put it in. Do you think it looks better or worse?

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
are u going to color the grey parts? (metal)

what color

looks good so far ryoko

grtz Naz

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks great Ryoko. I will be a regular on your website. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom