RVD is money in the bank!

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Especially at Wrestlemania . . . that makes Cena one of only six to win by submission at WM. He doesn't deserve such honors.

Best answers
You know i really hate when people say that cena sucks or they hate him. Think for a minute and is it really him you hate or just his gimmick?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
You're right. His "image" is rather a crap one.

Matt had a similiar fall in I think summer slam about 5-6 years ago. Buba-ray Dudley and Matt where on top of that 20ft ladder monster and the thing was chucked out of the ring by Y2J. They went through a table and hit the floor on the ramp. Jeff also did a swanton bomb of the same ladder in that match onto buba-ray. (yes I am a hardy fan)

I also agree with u CM. I wish they would change the subject already..

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cena continues to be McMahon's attempt to reach more of the urban crowd it seems.

He wants the arena filled with more than just rednecks and old school fans.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's nice and all...but he elevated Cena too far. I don't hate Cena, but since he became the champ his efforts at making his matches good have been terrible. I knew this when it got to the point where I was telling my non-wrestling fan friends what he was going to do during matches before he did it. You can see if you watch closely, and know how they arrange things behind the scenes. It's almost like the other wrestler shows up, and they go to plan the match, and Cena's just like, "well whatever man." Same ending to every match he's had since he fought JBL for the title.

I don't necessarily have a problem with Cena OR his gimmick (Though they vastly overestimated the numbers in his favor...more of the wrestling fan demographic sees him more like Vanilla Ice then Eminem). My problem is that he's been there for four years, and he's beaten everyone in his path, including Triple H at what was one of the biggest Wrestlemanias in history. That's just BS, man.

He can be good when he wants to but this guy is strictly mid-card. Pisses me off, man. Then you have these main-event quality wrestlers like Edge and Undertaker, diving over caskets and flying into flaming tables in the name of putting on a good show...and they are overlooked in favor of Cena, who does the same crap every match and yet got to HEADLINE THE BIGGEST EVENT IN WRESTLING...TWICE. While SHAWN MICHAELS, UNDERTAKER, RIC FLAIR, and countless other legendary wrestlers and all-or-nothing newcomers are sitting in the mid-card like chumps.

Add to this the complete disgracing of the title belt and well anyone who's been a fan of wrestling for a long time has to agree that turning the WWE title into 'bling' is just ridiculous.

I also think that they simply massively over-amped him. They built special walkways into the arena for him at a few pay per views other than this; they RECORDED AND RELEASED A RAP ALBUM;

I don't HATE the guy, per se`. I know he can be a good wrestler--when he listens. But he seems like lately, he isn't. When he was feuding with Undertaker on Smackdown two years ago, as a heel, he was wrestling great matches every night--because the Undertaker has 20 years of experience and when he says 'Do this' I'm sure John Cena (who says he's a huge Undertaker fan) obliges, out of mere respect. Same with Wrestlemania--you think any of the interesting twists towards the end of that match were anything but Triple H's experience doing the leading, you're dreaming.

They milked Cena way too much--gave him the title way too young--and we're just tired of it. He was much better when he was there, and not all in our face. They've shoved him down our throats and ignored so many much better candidates for the spot he's in...John Cena is not the next Rock, he's not the next Stone Cold, he's not the next Shawn Michaels. None of those guys got half the stuff Cena's gotten. I think that's what makes people dislike Cena--he comes out night after night and does a mediocre job while all these greats surround him and get treated like chumps. At least, that's why I don't like him, anyway.

Don't get me started about the urban crap either. This year's wrestling game is the worst soundtrack I've ever heard in a game, ever...because it's all the weird chump rappers who they surrounded John Cena with, and they're all terrible rappers. In fact everytime I play the game, and I hear that terrible line, "You don't how, the Christmas-es I missed" I just want to gouge my own face open with the controller.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Me111 said:
You know i really hate when people say that cena sucks or they hate him. Think for a minute and is it really him you hate or just his gimmick?
I said neither, only that he does not belong shoulder to shoulder with the submission experts like Angle, Benoit, Hart etc.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Don't get me started about the urban crap either. This year's wrestling game is the worst soundtrack I've ever heard in a game, ever...because it's all the weird chump rappers who they surrounded John Cena with, and they're all terrible rappers. In fact everytime I play the game, and I hear that terrible line, "You don't how, the Christmas-es I missed" I just want to gouge my own face open with the controller.
Same here, the WWE is definatley going after the Detroit type of people. That would explain why they have big PPV's near cities I live by... they had 3 in Detroit within the past 2-3 months, including SNME and they had 3 or 4 in Saginaw, that place is just like little Detroit.

And I have to let this out, Cena was better as the Prototype... back in the day when Batista was known as Leviathan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom