Russian Guard - WIP

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here is a model I started tonight...
It's a Russian Generic Guard for Goldeneye: Source

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks good, your getting a lot better =]. however, he looks like a gurl. youve used some very soft curves on his features, giving him a stronger jawline would help immensly, and pronouncing the cheek bones a little more too, would go a long way.

good job :yes:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
looks good, your getting a lot better =]. however, he looks like a gurl. youve used some very soft curves on his features, giving him a stronger jawline would help immensly, and pronouncing the cheek bones a little more too, would go a long way.

good job :yes:
From my experience (meh, I read alot of Cold War books), Russian makes normally do have a feminine look to them. Or at least i think they do =\.

The nose is a little fat imo btw.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bapplebo said:
From my experience (meh, I read alot of Cold War books), Russian males normally do have a feminine look to them. Or at least i think they do =\.
Revolver Ocelot did in MGS3. It sort of looks like him actually.

http://a.rampal2.free.fr/mgs3/ocelot.gif

Anyway, take Gir's advice, and maybe make the head a bit wider.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<_< bapp... ill kill you for that...

nway looks alot better then ur heads befor.. finally u made some polys go to the front... still training needs.
reminds me alil bit on you growl.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
russians look femine but have a strong jawline so hes pretty close.. also lots of wasted polys in the ear or are you gonna use this as a normal map for a lower poly model?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
didnt really ment to insult teh mighty T-force but thats my image of russians based on films and games.. so yeah

Best answers
when I think of A russian soldier, I think of a tall, masculine type, Defined jaw line, and cheek bones. Russians are known for the incredibly brutal training regiments for their armed forces. And even revolver ocelot's face was fairly defined, doesnt have to be super defined, just needs some definition.

I would make the face less soft and friendly looking.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Update* idk, they gave these refs to me and said to model him as a Russian Guard... so I took their word for it, but he doesn't look Russian :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bile said:
when I think of A russian soldier, I think of a tall, masculine type, Defined jaw line, and cheek bones. Russians are known for the incredibly brutal training regiments for their armed forces. And even revolver ocelot's face was fairly defined, doesnt have to be super defined, just needs some definition.

I would make the face less soft and friendly looking.
also some soldiers r very smart

i cant see the pic on my phone...mind rehosting?
:-D

k now i see em... cuz i changed to my comp

well... the side view look very funny... also alot of polys where wasted but i gues you dont care... why u dont model russian guard when you done a thread for that... nway uhm... yeh work on... might work more on the form of the nose and mouth

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tryforce said:
also alot of polys where wasted but i gues you dont care...
K, don't put words in my mouth :yes:

You're right, I have to fix the side of the head, there are some wierd shadows in which my buddy at GE: S is helping me fix. I need to get rid of the tri's, especially around the eyes as well. Drawovers accepted :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
drawover? ;P

*zomg i notice that i did the nose completly wrong.. lol

Best answers

thats something more like what I would go for.

hope it helps
good luck

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm yeh more sharper edges would be good lookg much better, might do it like its there... but when ur skinning you have to make unshaved places...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just for practice modeling, I did this in about 40 minutes.

Best answers
damn dan,you're getting good at this,nice polyflow.just make the nose less wide and you're set. :yes:

Best answers
Structure is pretty good,

but the lips need some work, the girl in your ref, has nice lips, you wanna make sure you carry that on.... Keep in mind this isnt just an anime character, you want it to resemble her even before its skinned.

Also her jawline is less narrow, I know you havnt quite finished that part yet but still =P

looken good for 40 mins of work

keep it up, you've made some of the biggest progress over the last few months, keep at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom