Russia detonates new "super bomb"

Best answers
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/09/12/wbomb112.xml

Yea, the Russians built and detonated what is called the "father of all bombs", which is a pun towards America's "Mother of all bombs" or MOAB. Apparently, this bomb is lighter than the MOAB, but has over 4 times the power. It is currently the most powerful non-nuclear bomb ever designed and detonated.

I guess its step one of Russia's plan to re-assert itself into the world stage as a strong power. Also, Russia has resumed patrols of its airspace with long range nuclear bombers, which is the first time since the Cold War.

Discuss.

Best answers
it didnt look that powerfull to me
Russia was and is one of the most powerfull country in the world,maybe the strongest who knows what thay might have invented :scared:

Best answers
Well.. it didnt look that powerful because you have nothing to scale it against. No mountains, cars, buildings, ect...

Personally, i think it looked plenty powerful. I mean.. its equal to 44 tons of TNT, thats a pretty big bang.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Russian forces are finally starting to recover. That's good and bad. Good because they can defend themselves. Bad because they can defend themselves from us if and when we come for them. :p

Joking of course. But that is good to hear. And I'm curious about the technology behind such a small explosive device. I wonder how long it'll be before the technical specs are declassified.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Despite its destructive qualities, the bomb is environmentally friendly, Gen Rushkin said.
That's always nice to know. Despite the fact it can "evaporate anything alive", it's environmentally friendly.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wish we had some perspective on how wide the blast radius is. That looked like it could be anything from 300 yards to a half mile, though I'm guessing smaller. While I'm glad we're finding alternative weapons to nukes, I don't like the fact that due to their non-radioactive nature that they'd be implemented with a lot less hesitation. I worry enough about war by just fearing fighter-deployed bombs and missiles capable of taking out a building. I doubt they can mass produce these suckers, but if you wanted to reak some havok on a major city, it wouldn't take many of these to bring your point across.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Despite the fact it can "evaporate anything alive", it's environmentally friendly.
I lol'd, and I agree.

J-Dude said:
I doubt they can mass produce these suckers
Actually, due to their non-nuclear specifications it would be much easier to mass produce them.

Best answers
I thought they said something along the lines of "12 city blocks" as its destructive blast radius. But im not positive...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Spunky: Well sure, plenty easier than a nuke, but I still don't imagine they'd have more than 100 available for use at any given time, and certainly not all in the same place.

@Walmart: Now I wish I knew how large a city block was...

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's always nice to know. Despite the fact it can "evaporate anything alive", it's environmentally friendly.
Well considering environmental friendly usually refers to the long term and not short term it makes a lot of sense to me :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, if it's not going to poison the Earth for years to come, it's fine by me.

Best answers
Well considering environmental friendly usually refers to the long term and not short term it makes a lot of sense to me :p
Well yea, after you detonate this bomb, you can at least rebuild and not have to wait for another 300 years due to radiation =P

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, if it's not going to poison the Earth for years to come, it's fine by me.
Me too, unless I see it falling from the sky over my head. Then it wouldn't be fine by me.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I lol'd, and I agree.

Actually, due to their non-nuclear specifications it would be much easier to mass produce them.
ease of building means yes, mass production.

however, russia can only afford 10 per year, and they already wasted 5 on "deadzone" testing, when they could have been blowing up filthy afghans.

also, they DID put it to scale, they said that the MOAR can destroy 9 city blocks. and that this FOAR (LOL!!! it's like golf) is twice as powerful.

Best answers
FOAR and MOAR? Whats the "R" stand for? Does it make it sound cooler? =P

Oh, and btw.. the FOAB is 4 times as powerful as the MOAB. 44 tons (compared to 11 tons)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol i just wanted the name to sound cooler :p

Discord Member
Best answers
technicaly....this wouldn't be a nuclear war...more of a FoabMoab War...
But...whats the point in developing these bombs...just to produce more wars?!?!
alot of u say...no nuclear radiation..then i don't care...what about the people the bomb is falling at...at that point they don't even care if its nuclear or god knows what bomb

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom