Running Half-Life Through Steam

Best answers
;( Can someone please explain exactly how I run Half-Life through Steam, because i didnt know how to do it at first, so i just installed ESf anyway. But know when i try and play a game on ESF it crashes. Would appreciate any help. :yes:

Best answers
No that doesnt work. Half-Life Source appears but thats not the version ive got and its not in my games, its in just released. If i click on that it brings up all this gob****e about buying the game. Do i haev to register my copy to make it appear in my games?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you have to have half-life 1 to install esf , none of that hl2 - hl 1 source crap. Go to "register a game i already own" type in your cd key then half-life is setup. Then run the hl hazard course once as a folder is created for mods (if i am not mistaken , but someone mensioned that and i haven't needed to reinstall my stuff on steam for a while). Then install esf after that and walla (the factor in the 1.2.2 or 1.2.3 full install/patch setups is they require you to run half-life once before you instal lthem and have to be pointed to the righ install directoy too , i'm not sayying you have to run the hazard course , but if it your first time setting Half-life up on steam then yes you might wanna do so). If you have already sone this and it crashes , try reinstalling esf.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Brazi said:
No that doesnt work. Half-Life Source appears but thats not the version ive got and its not in my games, its in just released. If i click on that it brings up all this gob****e about buying the game. Do i haev to register my copy to make it appear in my games?
Yes, you need a bought copy of HL 1 (Not HL1: Source) and register your CD Key in Steam through the Browse Games menu. There's a big button on the bottom of that window saying "Register a game I already own". That's where you go.

Best answers
Hmmmm. Thankyou, that clears alot of things up. The problem is Ive lost the damn booklet with the cd-key in!!! :p Not to worry, ill just buy a new copy of the game. But anyhoo, when Ive done all that stuff you said, where exactly do I have to install ESF? I swear thats the last question l'll ask!!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
once you installed Half-life in steam
run the game once, and play the game.
This will make sure all the "Zipped" files are extracted by steam.
Then just start the ESF Installer and just keep hitting that next button

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom