Running ESF difficulties

Best answers
Hi, when trying to run a new game, everything seems to go well i.e, reading bot names etc.. check.. until it reaches "map change failed : 'c0a0' not found on server.

I can run CS and normal halflife and the version i've installed is a CS 1.5 (so maybe i need to update to 1.6?) however i've only tried CS and HL offline, because I haven't played in a long time but I know that CS works online etc... and that this computer can support CS 1.6.

Any thoughts?

Sorry about the rant any help would be appreciated.

Best answers
Whatazarian said:
Hi, when trying to run a new game, everything seems to go well i.e, reading bot names etc.. check.. until it reaches "map change failed : 'c0a0' not found on server.
I only understand up to here which means the map you tried to change to doesn't exist or can't be found. I don't understand the rest of what you said if your a bit more specific i might be able to help

Best answers
Well that is all that seems to happen when i attempt to run a new game, everything works until i reach the map change error, maybe i can download the map somewhere?

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
isnt c0a0 the intro map of Half-Life?

Best answers
I dunno, I got a CS CD from the shop and CS works fine, dunno about halflife, never actually bothered playing it (assuming they're different) (i'm such a noob).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you running ESF with steam?

Best answers
No, I just downloaded steam, started updates and stuff, and will reinstall ESF later.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you got the CS CD from a friend, then chances are he/she already registered the CD key for the game, in which case you will not be able to play ESF with that CD because in order to play, you will need to register the game which you use to play ESF. (you can use CS 1.6 and HL1). So, if your friend already registered the game, you won't be able to play it online, or any mods that you install to it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A little sidenote:

ESF will NOT work with aney CS version related to CZ.
It also wont work on the SOURCE engine.

Best answers
regardless, even without registering my cd key on steam, shouldn't I be able to play single player mode?

Fixed something for ease of reading.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is no single player mode for ESF.

ESF is a multiplayer only modification.

And ESF 1.2.x does not suport WON mode. So if you want to play it youll nead STEAM.

Best answers
Ok thanks, i'll see what happens, probably by half life tomorrow and see what happens, thanks for clarifying things people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom