Round Based fighting....

DMW

Best answers
This hit me when playing the other day,how about a tourny like round based fighting mode,2 players fight the others spectate,when 1 dies he gains some health and he fights one of the spectating players while the loser becomes a spectator.When the time is up on that map the person with the most kills or first to get a set amount of kills is the winner.I know this could be fun but lame at the same time.Some of the newer players may own the weaker players,but as i said before when the win they get some health back,maybe 25% of what they had.That way even the most skilled players are not invincible.Feel free to tweak and crit/comment

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is like king of the hill mode, not really round based fighting.. would be a nice addition

Best answers
:p would be nice to see this happening :D might be fun for a little while ^^

Best answers
This would probably be impossible to implement. For starters who is to determine which 2 players start?

Another problem is the increase of PL on the winner. The winner would keep increasing PL so it would be almost impossible for another player to beat the winner. A way around this would be to reset the PL of the player, but each character has a different starting PL.

Another problem is the playing style of some people. The best part about teamplay or ffa is that you can team up against a player you can't beat alone. Seeing as most people agree that in 1.2.3 the lamest style wins and not everyone is willing to play lame, this will cause a problem in LMS where 1 fight could take about an hour if both players do not wish to make the first move fearing to be only spammed with a beam in the face if they do.

I believe it will take a lot of time to figure out how to implement this gametype and even then I don't think a lot of people will like to play it because most players just want to fight mindlessly if you look at public servers these days.

DMW

Best answers
I know what you mean about the mindless and about the hour long battles,but cant they implemant a time limit as well for the fights just in case that happens.

Best answers
Sephize said:
This would probably be impossible to implement. For starters who is to determine which 2 players start?

Another problem is the increase of PL on the winner. The winner would keep increasing PL so it would be almost impossible for another player to beat the winner. A way around this would be to reset the PL of the player, but each character has a different starting PL.

Another problem is the playing style of some people. The best part about teamplay or ffa is that you can team up against a player you can't beat alone. Seeing as most people agree that in 1.2.3 the lamest style wins and not everyone is willing to play lame, this will cause a problem in LMS where 1 fight could take about an hour if both players do not wish to make the first move fearing to be only spammed with a beam in the face if they do.

I believe it will take a lot of time to figure out how to implement this gametype and even then I don't think a lot of people will like to play it because most players just want to fight mindlessly if you look at public servers these days.

ok i understand the PL thing..but they can turn that off..in like a Cvar or something..maybe code it in..as for the lame styles or w/e...not everythings balanced..if ur loosing the tourney...then u loose..thats it..there is no double teaming..and chances are..if im able to beat someone as easily as u put it...then ill be able to handle him and someone else in a pub..cuz usually in pubs...theres always double teaming..so its not as effective as u make it seem..since alot of people are now used to multi fighting...so yeah...the PL is a good point..but the lame fighting excuse..thats not even a valid arguement...theres diff fighting styles everywhere..not everyone has to play that mode..nor do they have to play in that server..if ur loosing a tourney mode..u CAN leave and play in a FFA server...or a team battle server...

Best answers
Chang Wufei said:
ok i understand the PL thing..but they can turn that off..in like a Cvar or something..maybe code it in..as for the lame styles or w/e...not everythings balanced..if ur loosing the tourney...then u loose..thats it..there is no double teaming..and chances are..if im able to beat someone as easily as u put it...then ill be able to handle him and someone else in a pub..cuz usually in pubs...theres always double teaming..so its not as effective as u make it seem..since alot of people are now used to multi fighting...so yeah...the PL is a good point..but the lame fighting excuse..thats not even a valid arguement...theres diff fighting styles everywhere..not everyone has to play that mode..nor do they have to play in that server..if ur loosing a tourney mode..u CAN leave and play in a FFA server...or a team battle server...
I dont think you really thought about it. They did not built in a powerlevel changer. So far as I know, they never intend to do so. Incase that the PL isn't increased, but the player does lose HP, I really don't think it's fair, so who is to determine how much PL the player gets? Also if you gave the player his complete HP back, it wouldn't be fair either since that wouldn't make it a tournament.

As for the public playing, public cannot be compared to duel. Some people suck in public, but do great in duels. That's because PL does play a role in public and not in duels and players can completely focus on 1 enemy. Like I said before though

Sephize said:
The best part about teamplay or ffa is that you can team up against a player you can't beat alone.
The opposite IS possible.

Now if some1 wants to play lame and waits the entire time and the other does the same, you cannot decide who wins when the duel time is over. It would be a draw and who would continue? If you say the winner of the round before, then why should he go to the next round? he was the 1 that couldn't beat the other. If you decide this randomly, who is to say that it really IS random?

Players can leave the server as they please. That's also the case in public servers, so it shouldn't be any different from this gamemode, that's why I never brought that up and imo neither should u.

DMW said:
I know what you mean about the mindless and about the hour long battles,but cant they implemant a time limit as well for the fights just in case that happens.
Now here's a problem with the timed duels. Suppose a player hits you once and then runs around the server until the time is up, he would win. If you think that's fair, so be it, but I don't.

Like I said, this gamemode is almost impossible to implement. And even if they did find a way to make this gamemode work, which I don't think is worth their time, it would piss people off that they can't play emediatly and then the forums would be flooded, once again, about how bad this game is and that server.

I think this gamemode would only cause more annoyance among players then there already is now.

*looks @ Chang Wufei* Don't even think about flaming!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that would suck, it's just surivial mode, nothing special.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom