round based anyone?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as another game mode besides what we have, why not add round based?

no real point to me except to get as much kills as possible, no real objective or point when fighting. i'd very much like this mode where you can duke it out with a team, where in the end it would get more and more intense trying to stay alive.

people argue "but i hate waiting to fight!"
1. i dont mind spectating and watching some crazy duels
2. others may not mind as well
3. optional mode

people argue "they go into hiding! then what are you going to do"
1. ahem scouter?
2. find another server
3. optional mode, play ffa or something else

anyways to balance it out there should be a bit more health per player in this mode

also i'd feel more wanting to play esf a lot more if there was an objective to complete while playing >_> isn't that a big factor that makes games more fun?

nge

Best answers
Regardless, this doesn't sound intense. It sounds as if it'll encourage spaming.

At the start of each round, anyone foolish enough to go into melee instead of charging a big beam will perhaps kill one person before the spam starts up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
then that's your punishment for being stupid while fighting >_>

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Yup I brought this up a while ago, and i really liked the idea alot, heres what i posted in mine:

"I have some random new game mode idea i thought of. For this one, it would work like this. Everyone spawns alive, and its deathmatch style, and when you die, you stay dead, until the last one alive is the winner.

Maybe to balance it out, you can have alot more hp, and can transform faster. Ill try and think of other ideas when i come up with them. I think it would be fun, having these huge crazy battles, and finally being able to kill someone. It just seems way to easy to die in esf, and people die many times in one match, so this one is a different way of playing the game. Maybe certain characters will have more hp then the others, etc."

If you want to read the rest , its at http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=60483&highlight=mode

But yea, the idea sounded really fun.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it.

Maby make it as kill the leader.
1 Guy is a leader in each team. If he dies the team automaticly looses. He should have more HP than the others. Leaders are decided each round randomly.

Oh and how about this. The more people are on a team when round starts the less HP the people on that team have. So it evens out.

nge

Best answers
Being stupid?

How is "not wanting to charge kamehameha/mouthblast/SBC as your first move EVERY TIME" stupid?

This mode punishes anyone who uses melee in a server with multiple people. With 2, melee would still be the preferred method of fight, but picture this with 8+ people. It's going to be a giant spamfest.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nge said:
Being stupid?

How is "not wanting to charge kamehameha/mouthblast/SBC as your first move EVERY TIME" stupid?

This mode punishes anyone who uses melee in a server with multiple people. With 2, melee would still be the preferred method of fight, but picture this with 8+ people. It's going to be a giant spamfest.
1. not everybody is going to do that, it all depends who plays, as each player is different and will want to attack differently - depends who you're playing against
2. not everybody will be hit with a "kamehameha/mouthblast/SBC" every time the round opens EDIT: how long will it take someone to fully charge an entire bar of kamehameha or mouthblast or sbc? usually if it's not fully charged it wont kill you the first hit, plus MORE hp means = more chance of surviving
3. damage is radius based, the more in the middle the more damage you take, plus you can see where they shoot at you, dodge and maybe take some splash damage, or teleport away
4. choose a ffa server or team server if you don't want to play this mode

simple as that

EDIT: you can't generalize how it will always be played based on a few times you played against beam spammers, you're generalize gameplay hastily and that's not a reliable reason.. find some players who want to play without spamming or find a FFA server

Force Pit Member
Best answers
nge read my link up above, i added some ideas, about having more hp, maybe beams could do less damage, things like that. Basically this mode would be about last man standing.

gregas idea sounds a bit different, like a VIP esf mode, but still good. For Grega's mode, its teams, good vs evil, and it can be done two ways.

Vip mode:

1st idea, players are divided between good and evil, and on good, there is 1 player who is randomly chosen VIP. Every player has normal stats, except for the VIP, who will have extra HP (and maybe other features). Its up to the evil team to assassinate the VIP in a certain amount of time while the good team has to protect him. Next round , the evil team gets the VIP and the roles are switched.

2nd idea, it works basically the same as described above, but there is a VIP on each team, and the first team to assassinate the VIP wins.

You can even add a reward system , to whoever player kills the VIP. And players stats ( one's who are guarding the VIP) increase a little when you are near him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom