Role exploit fix

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
i have a simple and effective fix for the role glitch. Just make the game so that when rolling if you can press jump at the same time you are hit you recover instantly and spring back into action. But if you sit their and do nothing like a rock the opponent can role you.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have a simple and effective fix for the role glitch. Just make the game so that when rolling if you can press jump at the same time you are hit you recover instantly and spring back into action. But if you sit their and do nothing like a rock the opponent can role you.
The design docs said something about sliding to fix it if you remember.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Another way to fix it is by pressing "b" while rolling.
And how do you-
???

-GuZzie

That b thing is another exploit that also gets you banned in europe.

Besides you are stuck to the ground ready to take a brage of kiblasts and a genball killing you or leaving you with < 30 HP it you start with full.

Best answers
Hahahah!! Is the "B" another exploit!! LOL!!! I just found out about that "B" thing 3 days ago...and its a exploit..shocks...

-GuZzie

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hahahah!! Is the "B" another exploit!! LOL!!! I just found out about that "B" thing 3 days ago...and its a exploit..shocks...

-GuZzie

Yup its an exploit. There are loads of other exploits in the current ESF version that people dont know ind it would be best if it stays that way. So dont say a thing >.>

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well see thats whats stupid too use an exploit such as roll should be getting you banned as well so in reality your using an exploit to counter an exploit which to me seems fair and I allow it in my server. Yes it may cause you to take a few gen balls but so can the roll exploit and most people who know how to exploit this to the full extent can kill you with 3 rolls and one big gen ball attack.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sliding is in 1.3 so the roll exploit is taken care of.

If you press b while getting rolled, it's fine. You'll die just as quickly, but at least you'll feel like you're not being exploited.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I highly doubt 1.3 will be exploit free. Best case scenario is all the exploits from 1.2 will be gone.

Ex-Pro 1.2.3 Player
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yup its an exploit. There are loads of other exploits in the current ESF version that people dont know ind it would be best if it stays that way. So dont say a thing >.>

aww that means i can't use the _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ exploit on you lol (blanked it out so that people don't know what it is) :p

Best answers
How many exploits are there >_> Sheesh.But they just wreck the fun in the game I guess :) Ahh wells.

Btw Tour,with your "quote"..Majin Buu with Gotenks SSJ3....your forgeting Piccolo ^_^.He was a part of Majin Buu when he said that quote.

-GuZzie

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are a lot of exploits in 1.2, and I'm sure 1.3 will introduce some new ones. I'm just hoping we won't have to worry about exploits from both versions.

Best answers
Since 1.3 is going to be the last [That I've heard] version for Earths Special Forces,we could always track down the exploits and give it to the team where they can find a solution and fix it up with a patch :)

-GuZzie

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since 1.3 is going to be the last [That I've heard] version for Earths Special Forces,we could always track down the exploits and give it to the team where they can find a solution and fix it up with a patch :)

-GuZzie
This is why the testing of esf 1.3 it's taking so long so that there will be no bugs like that

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Even though its being tested, its rare that all exploits are spotted before release. When 1.3 comes out, you can probably expect a patch or two after D:

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The problem with exploits is most of the time we find the game-breaking ones long after the release, when we've mastered the new version. At that point, the team can't really do much since they'll be on a permanent vacation. They do a pretty good job of getting rid of the obvious exploits though, so we don't really have anything to worry about until way down the line.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats true. Toe rollhit bug came into action long after 1.2.3 was released. But it was there since the release of 1.2.

Thats 5 or 6 months you know.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hell, it was longer than that because it was awhile after 1.2.3 that we all realized how horrible we could make the ESF gaming experience. Then months after that, we found out how to teleport inside of people and kill them without them being able to escape or retaliate, how to keep a person in the throw animation indefinately, how to insta-hit, and a bunch of other crap. We've done what we can to outlaw them, but we're not always around to enforce these rules.

We can only hope the new beta testers do what they can and can think the way we do.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
the problem is not just exploits, but the fact of leaving esf alone for months and years with no updates to help fix them. Its really killing the game you made, esf team. I for one stopped playing because of this and balance issues with characters and beams being too powerful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom