Rocky VI

Best answers
Is anybody going to see Rocky VI? Also, what is your favorite rocky movie?

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DRAGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It'll probably suck like the last one.

Best answers
i really dont think the last one was that bad. people dont give it enough credit.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Agreed. Rocky V was the WORST of the Rocky movies. The first and second were the best in my opinion. But then again, we just won't know until the new movie comes out and we have a chance to see it, now will we?

Best answers
I agree that rocky V was the worst of them, but in my opinion it was not as bad as everybody says it is.

Best answers
I probably wont see Rocky 6, they drag it on way too llllooooonnnnnnggggggg! But I thought Rocky 4 was okay, It wasnt as good as 2 and 3, but it was good.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I only liked the one with the Russian. I don't know which one that was.

If Rocky was pretty much brain-dead by Rocky V, how the hell is he going to do anything in Rocky VI and who is left for him to fight?

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Zeonix said:
I only liked the one with the Russian. I don't know which one that was.

If Rocky was pretty much brain-dead by Rocky V, how the hell is he going to do anything in Rocky VI and who is left for him to fight?
Well he hasn't fought God yet....

Don't follow the Rocky films much. Which one was V? Was it the one where he trained that guy?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah V he trained that bastard! >_> who stabbed him in the back

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cap J said:
Well he hasn't fought God yet....
I already said he fought the Russian guy O_O. Yeah, that guy was crazy. You could just tell he wanted to pull off a Mega Atomic Buster on Rocky.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Rocky vs Norris

The winner is already decided...

Norris.

Rocky vs Mr T was a good one cuz Apollo got his ass whooped and Mr T is.. well lets just say... hes crazy.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
Fine, Rocky hasn't yet been blasted back in time so that he can make the dinosaurs extinct. :p

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I imagine that Rocky might not go the boxing route this time, maybe just the Mickey route. And by that I mean done right, Rocky teaching someone who has no chance to be a champ, . . . . and doesn't end up fighting him in the end.

But, this is hollywood, and I don't think we'll see a Rocky without Sly slapping on the gloves.

Best answers
If any of u watch boxing Antonio Tarver (guy who knocked Roy Jones out) is the villian in this one. I heard supposedly that its about Tarver killing Rockys son in a boxing match or somthin so he comes back for revenge or some **** like that tho i dont know if that is really true. Just have to wait till it comes out to find out.

Best answers
Yeah what cucumba said. It'll probably be "million dollar baby"-ish. I mean, he's in his 50ties. He'll get knocked the f*ck out, oh well maybe Rocky dies in this movie just to close things.

Best answers
None of that answers my question though. What was so bad about Rocky V?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wikipedia said:
The film earned a disappointing $16 million on its opening weekend and $40 million in total US box-office profits, about one-third of its predecessor's take.
Wikipedia said:
In addition to being less-than-successful at the box office, the last segment in the Rocky series left a sour taste in hardcore fans' mouths as it left the hero back where he started, arguably with nothing to show for it. The film departed from the standard "Rocky" formula on display in the previous four films and that made it extremely unpopular with the audience that was drawn to sequels.

Many fans of the Rocky series have been known to proclaim "Rocky V never happened." Nonetheless, it is still available on cable television, just as the other sequels are, and is still well known worldwide.
Regardless of what I quoted above, I personally didn't like Rocky V as much as the prequels. There are things in the movie that were good, such as the final fight, and the character George W. Duke who seems to be a replica of Don King.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom