Rock Band - worth to get anymore?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm getting paid on the 7th and I'm wondering if it's even worth it to get rock band anymore.

So, is it? :0

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you hang on until September (or was it October?), Rock Band 2 will, ostensibly, be out, and it is supposed to be compatible with all of the DLC from the first installment; unless, of course, you see a lot of music you might enjoy playing through with some buddies that happens to be included only with the original RB game disc - then, I'd say "go for it".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you hang on until September (or was it October?), Rock Band 2 will, ostensibly, be out, and it is supposed to be compatible with all of the DLC from the first installment; unless, of course, you see a lot of music you might enjoy playing through with some buddies that happens to be included only with the original RB game disc - then, I'd say "go for it".
But between now and then, I will essentially be getting paid like, ~$320 or so every 2 weeks which is amazing for myself, and by september i'll surely have enough for rock band 2. That's why I'm thinking I can get rock band 1 and play it until then, ya know, get used to the drums and such.

But that's why I'm asking, since in 2 months rock band 2 is coming out.

edit: just to let anyone know im actually really leaning on going for it, but I'm not too sure, just kinda double checking.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The controllers are the same for Rockband 2 so you can probably get the game now if you wanted to and pay $60 for RB2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The controllers are the same for Rockband 2 so you can probably get the game now if you wanted to and pay $60 for RB2.
aren't they improving the rock band drums, like more stable?

ah well, I'll just buy new drums when it comes out. I didn't even think of this and it sounds perfectly logical.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think they just recolored the drums to grey. :\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or you could just wait and get rockband 2 for the same price and rb1 for like 20$

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Should I order a metal foot pedal? I heard the foot petals break easily D:

I'm mostly going to be playing the drums.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or you could just wait and get rockband 2 for the same price and rb1 for like 20$

RB1 w/set = $170
RB2 w/set = $190

Where are you getting RB1 for $20? They cost $50 used at EBGames. :\

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rock Band 2's drums are more durable, springy for rolls and have expansion ports for extra cybals, which should make them usable for Guitar Hero World Tour as a 5 pad drum. Rock Band 2's Guitar will have an auto syncro feature that figures out the lag adjustment on it's own. I'd say get Rock Band 1, but just get the disk, that way you can get almost all of the songs from that game as a $5-$10 dowload on Rock Band 2. Definately get the instruments from Rock Band 2 though. Not sure about Guitar Hero's drum and mic yet, but their guitar should be on par. Rock Band's effects switch and solo buttons are neat features, and I honestly haven't touched Guitar Hero's since then. Like I said earlier, RB's second run instruments hold up a hell of a lot better than the first run stuff.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope EA will replace the original RB sets to the new ones they're making for RB2. My set haven't broke yet. Would just suck to keep returning them to get new ones. :|

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I decided to get it, gonna get the full rock band 2 set when it comes out.

Regardless, I finished up the expert guitar easily tonight. 5*'d all songs except 3 (2 of which were early on when I wasn't used to the timing window + couldn't get beat down)

The only 5* i'll be actually working on is Run To The Hills. Other then that I'm content with it.

I'll be starting the drums tomorrow, and I hope to at least be somewhat on hard by end of tomorrow, (or rather today :p)

GL to me, glad I bought this hehe

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My friend busted the pedal playing some disturbed song.

The pedals are pretty cheap but he fixed his problem with some tape :/

Rockband is pretty fun to play with abunch of drunk friends.

I know its nice having a job, but you should try to save some of your money.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know its nice having a job, but you should try to save some of your money.
I know, but I've dedicated my first 2-3 paychecks to spoil myself. Then I'll start saving.

Regardless, the DLC isn't very 'tempting' to look at. the only one I really want to look at is the Metallica and the System of a Down dlc.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want to experience challenge Kaination, there are some bad ass dlc songs out there besides the metallica one.

One that comes to mind is Perfect Drug on drums on expert. Have fun!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think one of the hardest DLC pack I downloaded is Disturbed on Drums.

Also... mind posting the table top method for Rockband? I lost teh sheet. :(

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There was a sheet in the Rockband box that showed you how to setup drums if you were playing Rockband in a small room, which I lost. :eek:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, I 5*'d all the dlc (system of a down + metallica) except byob / blackened.

Blackened had the tiniest smidgen left, maybe about 2k more points left. maybe less.

byob has a LOT of work to do.

rock band is very very fun, regretting not getting it sooner hehe

and I love the fender. I love tapping solo's.

what other DLC is all almighty fun / very hard? I'm gonna work on getting a 100% FC on toxicity. I've always loved that song to death, and I can get like a 97-98% easily.

edit: woot, 5*'d blackened. all i need is byob now hehe

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom