Rock Band 3

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone else grabbing this pile of awesome tonight? I'll be hitting up Gamestop after work, then install, import, and rock till dawn.

If you get it, and you have a 360 I wouldn't mind some company. Message me on XBL if you have my gamertag.

If not:

MeDiebytheSword

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Would if I didn't have Fable 3: Limited Edition on Order already.

Seems like its getting more and more instruments. I can't wait til I can use the Triangle.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm raising votes to replace the Rock Band 2 set we have at work with RB3. So, hell yeah!!

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RB3 is quite the upgrade. For those of you who have not found the information yet:

RB1 songs that don't export into RB3:

Dani California - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden (May return if full album rumor is true, but you'll have to buy it again.)

RB2 songs that don't export into RB3:

Let there be Rock - AC/DC (AC/DC live pack exports fine)
Give it Away - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Spoonman - Soundgarden
Battery - Metallica (Rumored to be returning with the entire Master of Puppets album in the near future)
Any Way You Want It - Journey

There are seven other songs that don't import from HMX bands, but they will return fully pro charted as free dlc in the future.

Last edited:
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am amongst those people, still you can set every difficulty and mode to no fail with no penalty so its possible now to win the battle of attrition with a tough song like that. Besides, you can still rock your plastic axe.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best part? They're saying on pro mode, you literally have to sit down and take time to learn the song. So if you wanna play the Crazy Train solo on Pro Mode Expert? Sit down and ******* learn to tap that ****. Effectively, once you learn pro mode expert, you can transfer it directly and immediately to real guitar.

Anyways, I wasn't going to pick it up but I mean come on, how could I resist? Love the expert drums, keyboards are ******* intense and hard lmao.

This game just made the fact I'm getting an electronic drumset even BETTER. Can't wait to hook it up :D!

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sweet, hopefully you'll invite me into a session one of these days or vice versa. Have fun with the Pro Drums :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone else grabbing this pile of awesome tonight? I'll be hitting up Gamestop after work, then install, import, and rock till dawn.

If you get it, and you have a 360 I wouldn't mind some company. Message me on XBL if you have my gamertag.

If not:

MeDiebytheSword
What time are you usually on? I got it last night. I'll add you in a bit. My GT is RavenKaizer

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I play during the day before 3:00 EST (GMT - 5:00) and again at night 24:00 EST (GMT -5:00). I approved your freind request so hopefully I'll catch you at some point. Going to do pumpkin carving for Halloween right now though, so maybe a little later on. I play Expert Vox, Bass and Hard/Expert Guitar.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cuc, I'll have you be the vocalist. I've been meaning to look for an expert vocalist :3

Expert drums, Expert Guitar and Expert bass here. Can beat / 5* pretty much every song.

I'll toss you an invite sometime.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game is sold out everywhere. Was going to get the keyboard pack ;o

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Debating on whether or not to get this. While I do enjoy Rock Band, I never played the previous release, and only downloaded about ~5 songs. I'm not really too crazy about the setlist for 3, either.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Debating on whether or not to get this. While I do enjoy Rock Band, I never played the previous release, and only downloaded about ~5 songs. I'm not really too crazy about the setlist for 3, either.
It's a worthy buy. Also Gameinformer gave it a 9.25. And they are pretty reliable reviewers.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So angry that I have had a cold since launch day and my voice has been steadily dead for the last 3 weeks, lol. Been playing guitar and singing only when my voice has been working. After playing it for a while now, its the best of the series hands down just for the real instruments, vocal harmonies and ease of use features. Some things are real annoying though, like lack of multiple bands per profile, 10 character limit and no competative modes (not that I ever used them, but other people are upset and they should be).

I'm really liking the cutscenes with your characters in it, funny as hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom