Robots!

Best answers
You remember those robots in Star wars what walked on two foot and had laser cannons(known as AT-ST for Battlefront players).
Well the Japanese have build one! Even though it doesnt shoot with lasers, it shoots superballs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVwbUljGs3g

As a sidenote, i think all who watched it knows it walks on wheels, so no need to remind me of that.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh you guys laugh now but you wont be laughing when 2 of those are looking at you with their nuclear powered concentrated lasers

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm still kinda waiting if those other japanese can get that one huge mobile suit gundam to move. ;_;

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
(known as AT-ST for Battlefront players)
They're known as AT-STs to anybody with any knowledge of Star Wars.

Reminds me more of a Mech, than an AT-ST. And it is retarded. What kind of vehicle moves by "shuffling"? Make something that actually walks before expecting anything other than laughter.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walking weapons is kind of... funny. Imagine that thing actually walking, then imagine it tripping... Good job, you're a sitting duck!

Best answers
Damn I laughed my ass off...it's fricking sliding over the floor!! And it looks so unstable, everything jigels when it moves.

Best answers
frsrblch said:
They're known as AT-STs to anybody with any knowledge of Star Wars.
Oh sorry about that. I dont know why i said that. Maybe because i myself heard they were called AT-STs first time when i was playing battlefront...
Edit
And here is something that actually walks lot smaller though, and no weapons:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOoxa-W9afE
Made by the japanese of course.

Best answers
DaRkOwNs said:
oh you guys laugh now but you wont be laughing when 2 of those are looking at you with their nuclear powered concentrated lasers
I'll grab a rock, throw it at the cabin and watch how one falls over, crushing the other.. God those things are aweful at best :/ Unstable, ****ty movement..

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, all they need to do is give me one of these and then I can start cuasing havoc and mass panic one city at a time (provided I don't trip over with it XD).

The walkbot on the other hand, well I just love how the japanese dream of a world where robots will assist the fellow human being, yet they spend so much money on the research etc.

Sound Artist
Best answers
That looked like it was going to fall apart. Ever see the robot a guy made out of spare automobile parts? Wireless control, motion sensor, and it could pick up cars with ease.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks like it's in serious need of suspension, right now it looks like one rigid mass. Also it doesn't exactly have a great field of view -_-

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please present hall pass!

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just don't see such things being feasible. First, you'd have to make sure that the legs were heavier than the top so that it isn't top heavy(redundant!). But since the legs is what you'd want to be moving, you'd be wasting more energy if you made them heavier...

Bipeds are kind of inferior, you know?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seeing as you move one joystick forward to have wheels go forth, minus will take both joysticks and push them forward at the same time for faster speeds.

It's cool that they're trying at least.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Please present hall pass!
ROFL.

Yeah, the thing would've been kind of cool if it didn't look absolutely ghetto-tastic. :p

But I guess it's a 'step in the right direction'. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom