[Ripping Sounds] - Budokai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Hi, I've got 3 question, for which I haven't found answer:

1) I see that some of the esf sounds are ripped from the Budokai series but, for example, the Freeza's DeathBall and the Vegeta's Final Flash haven't the voice, while in the Budokai 2/3 there isn't a version without it (I ripped all the adx files, without having found the "pure sounds"). So, how it's possible to remove those voices?

2) In which .afs file are located the in-game sound effects of when, for example you shoot a "quick kamehameha/finger laser/gallit gun" then teleport (supposing that Budokai 3 would be the game)?

3) Where are the Budokai Tenkaichi sound effects located (for example when you get full power, in sparking mode)? In which file? I only found the BGM adx files...

Thank you!

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1)the sounds from esf are made by the esf team they did not copy or riipit from budokai 3
2)budokai 3 it's a ps 2 game not a pc game
3)again Buokai tenkaichi it's a ps 2 game not a pc game

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1)the sounds from esf are made by the esf team they did not copy or riipit from budokai 3
Actually ESF did ripped a few sounds from the Budokai games.
You know, PS2 games are also readable on DVD drives.

For your question, Pidgeon, just keep scanning those AFS files, dont be lazy, scan every file =P I dont know exactly where it is myself even though I went though those DVD's for more than enough time heh.

It's not easy to find the specific sound files you are looking for especially when it's unnamed.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

For your question, Pidgeon, just keep scanning those AFS files, dont be lazy, scan every file =P I dont know exactly where it is myself even though I went though those DVD's for more than enough time heh.

It's not easy to find the specific sound files you are looking for especially when it's unnamed.
You can't really know if it's from budokai 3 only the team know's

Best answers
I know that both are for PS2, I mounted the iso with Daemon Tools, then I used AFSExplorer to browse through the afs files and finally I extracted all the adx...

I haven't been lazy, don't worry :), I scanned all the most significative adx files but I didn't find the DeathBall and Final Flash sounds without voices... I found only some effects, like Big Bang Kamehameha, without voices....

But, I couldn't find the "gettin hit" effects and the ones that occurs when you "hit the air".

And I discovered that the sounds for each character are listed alphabetically, for example C16 begin with unnamed_0000.adx.

Last thing, in my opinion, the Death Ball effect is from Budokai 2/3, I listened to it, and it looks very similar to the esf one.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF it's older then Budokai how could ESF ripped sound from a game that did not exist when it was out

Best answers
ESF isn't that old,nor are the budokai games.It's perfectly possible to have budokai sounds in ESF.

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can't really know if it's from budokai 3 only the team know's
Tell that to a guy that has all the 5 Budokai games and has scanned all of them from the begining to the end =P why is it so hard to believe?

Like movento said, very easy to spot, some sounds are ripped from the Budokai games.

Best answers
Yes, but I haven't understood how they have removed the voices... :(

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can figure out how to rip this stuff on your own, we aren't here to support that kind of thing. There are other boards for this information, I'd rather keep it off of ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom