RIP George Best

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The forums sure are becoming a morbid place.

The greatest ex-footballer of the UK has died at 59 from multiple organ failure (kidneys and liver). Despite the liver transplant he kept drinking and it eventually caught up with him in a hospital-bound struggle for his life.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4380332.stm

Coincidentally I met him exactly one month and two hours before his death. He seemed to be in good health at the time but I guess he was just keeping up appearances for the public. RIP :(

Best answers
Okay, why the heck are all these people dying. First Guerrero, then Mr. Miyagi and now this George Best guy. Its a shame.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its unfortunate to see such tallent go to waste.

but i have no sympathy for him. he really did bring it on himself.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
its unfortunate to see such tallent go to waste.

but i have no sympathy for him. he really did bring it on himself.
i agree... you get an organ transplant, and then continue binge drinking? =\ i mean talk about taking things for granted....

I understand he was a great footballer in his time though, its a pity he let the drink take control.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
Okay, why the heck are all these people dying. First Guerrero, then Mr. Miyagi and now this George Best guy. Its a shame.
People die all the time man, every day, all over the world. But all of a sudden it's a shame because a couple celebrities died around the same time? :rolleyes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
He used to do heavy drinking? I guess it is his fault then, huh?
He drank his way through two livers and a set of kidneys. It's still sad to see him go, as Gir said, a waste of talent.

Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
People die all the time man, every day, all over the world. But all of a sudden it's a shame because a couple celebrities died around the same time? :rolleyes:
yeah, i meant to say that Miyagi's death was a shame, not all 3 of them dying around the same time. And why do i get the impression that you dont like me too much. (just a joke man, I know you enjoy my company around the forums, uhh... you do, right?)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Walmart Security said:
Don't forget Rosa Parks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been becoming increasingly callous as of late... and as proof. Another one bites the dust.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
Problem is it's a little hard to mourn for people you don't know.

Just like I don't know this Best guy. So honestly I couldn't care less. But RIP anyway sinse it was brought up.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
He should have been dead years ago. There are people who wait for months to get a transplant, this obvious alcoholic with no intention of rehabilitating himself waltzes in and practically steals one because he's famous.

It's unfortunate he took that path but someone died knowing that their organs were going to a good place and that ideal was perverted by this man and the society that allowed him to get away with it.

So 'Rest in Peace' George Best, you've left one hell of a legacy.. like a bull in a china shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom