RIP Deman

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm not sure how well you knew him horatio, or what type of skills you have on the computer. But perhaps if you had some pictures of him or moments involving him you could make a memorial video about him/for his family. That's the only thing i could think of.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I'm not sure how well you knew him horatio, or what type of skills you have on the computer. But perhaps if you had some pictures of him or moments involving him you could make a memorial video about him/for his family. That's the only thing i could think of.
I'm afraid I didn't know him at all. All of his posts were before I even joined the forum.

I am genuinely sad that I can't do as much as I would like, I think I'm going to have to go with Eon's suggestion.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is a send private consolations link on the obituary page. You can use that.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At the very least help us lobby the team to put a dedication in the ESF Final Credits or an Easter Egg Room in a map with a picture/dedication to him.
I can probably get this easy enough

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I need to stop checking this thread cause I get even more depressed each time. It's not even fair how this had to happen to someone as awesome as Deman.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Yea, it's been fking with me pretty hard lately. I talked with the guy online for years, and only was around him IRL for like 6 days, but I knew him so well and he was so altruistic and nice it's just bullshit that stuff like this happens.

Best answers
May he rest in peace, and get an awesome new life in heaven with ESF, and all that kind of stuff.. :'(

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
RIP, bro. We had a good "fight" here!

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I apologize for the very late message, I do not mean any disrespect, I only just got back onto the forum and was not aware.

Rest in Peace Deman. You where one of the people on the forum that I had a ton of respect and admiration for. I pray that all of your loved ones will find peace and sollace in each other and in their memories of time spent together.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow. Crazy.. Rest in peace, Miroku. :(

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And this is a pleasant surprise.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
Roger dodger. I think I'm going to get the wind chime, though I don't foresee them actually using it since it gets kind of annoying. Either that or one of the rock-looking things.
Best to only send flowers and cards of condolence. You're seriously gonna send a crappy wind chime or a rock..... Wow, pathetic.

NOBODY WANTS TO FILL THEIR HOUSE WITH THINGS THAT REMIND THEM OF THEIR SONS FUNERAL!!!!

You freaking guys are socially retarded.

Buy flowers, and cards, the message of love will be apparent, and the flowers will wither, and then there may be peace.

But you let her look at your crappy bamboo lamp every day to be constantly reminded of where it came from and what the circumstances were?

MY GOD get some sense people.

Last edited:

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Best to only send flowers and cards of condolence. You're seriously gonna send a crappy wind chime or a rock..... Wow, pathetic.

NOBODY WANTS TO FILL THEIR HOUSE WITH SOMETHING THAT REMINDS THEM OF THEIR SONS FUNERAL!!!!

Buy flowers, and cards, the message of love will be apparent, and the flowers will wither, and then there may be peace.

But you let her look at your crappy bamboo lamp every day to be constantly reminded of where it came from and what the circumstances were?

Yea, don't buy the gifts the funeral homes offer, that's just stupid!

Man you're really mad about losing an MSPaint competition.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

NOBODY WANTS TO FILL THEIR HOUSE WITH THINGS THAT REMIND THEM OF THEIR SONS FUNERAL!!!!

Sorry, but we keep pictures of the people who died before us so that we can remember the good moments with them. Puctures, objects and what not. Every memory we can hold on to in order not to forget the person. And when it comes to family its those memories that let us look back with a smile despite the loss.

So yes no one wants to remember the day they had to say goodbye, but everyone wants to remember the person in question. And an object that reminds them of that person, and lets them know that other people are thinking of that person as a good friend and have memories of him, gives them the ease in knowing that they are not the only ones who miss that person.

Thats human psychology 101.

--- edit ---

Sorry, but we keep pictures of the people who died before us so that we can remember the good moments with them. Puctures, objects and what not. Every memory we can hold on to in order not to forget the person. And when it comes to family its those memories that let us look back with a smile despite the loss.

So yes no one wants to remember the day they had to say goodbye, but everyone wants to remember the person in question. And an object that reminds them of that person, and lets them know that other people are thinking of that person as a good friend and have memories of him, gives them the ease in knowing that they are not the only ones who miss that person.

Thats human psychology 101.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is, truly and honestly, an unfortunate and dismaying thing to have learned, especially so far after the fact.

Deman was truly a one-of-a-kind person in this community. It was refreshing to have known someone, albeit indirectly, who was as level-headed. I definitely found him to be wise, in an understated way; the sort of way that is immediately approachable, but no less profound. As a fellow forum staffer, I regret that our discussions mostly ended up being centred around forum politics (a domain that I am pleased to know requires little input, anymore), but, all the same, left me with an incredible impression of the man.

A tragic reminder of our own fragility, but I hope that Deman rests in peace, and that his family, friends, loved ones, and supporters are able to soldier forth holding onto the eternal boon that is their relationship with him.

Farewell, Deman. Though I only knew you as a brother-in-arms (for lack of an alternative phrase), I will miss you and will count myself among the number of fortunate individuals who've had the chance to benefit from your friendship.

Best answers
I will always remember this man fondly. He was truly a good person and I hope in his final moments he was able to find peace and comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom