Rick Sanchez calls John Stewart a "bigot"

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upsho...s-host-rick-sanchez-over-controverial-remarks

Quite hilarious. He says "Stewart's show is not a comedy, it is a news program"

What? Lol. He clearly isn't getting the joke. He also says "Stewart wouldn't understand how it is to belong to a oppressed minority" LMAO!

Wow, he says he wish the Jewish could be oppressed again...he should be friends with Mel Gibson. He also said that "Stewart's race has nothing to do with this, I don't know why you're talking about races"", except that he brought up how "Hispanics are a oppressed minority"

Guy is all over the place.

CNN host Rick Sanchez came under fire Friday after making controversial remarks the previous day on a satellite radio show.

Sanchez called out Comedy Central host Jon Stewart as a "bigot" for mocking him, and complained that Jews — like Stewart — don't face discrimination. He also suggested that CNN, and perhaps the media industry more broadly, is run by Jews and elitists who look down on Hispanics like himself.

[Related: Stewart to hold D.C. rally to 'restore sanity']

Clearly, those comments didn't sit well with the network, which put out a terse statement around 6 p.m. Friday.

"Rick Sanchez is no longer with the company," the CNN statement read. "We thank Rick for his years of service and we wish him well."

So far, Sanchez hasn't spoken out about the explosive interview Thursday on "Stand Up! with Pete Dominick." On the radio show, the now-former CNN star didn't just make a single impolitic statement, but spoke at length — for roughly 20 minutes — about Stewart and a media world he believes to be filled with "elite Northeast liberals" who consider Hispanic journalists "second tier." Sanchez is a Cuban-American.

He specifically called out Stewart as someone with "a white liberal establishment point-of-view" who "can't relate to a guy like me." Also, Sanchez claimed that Stewart is "upset that someone of my ilk is at, almost, his level."

Sanchez also has yet to address the controversy via Twitter, where he is a frequent user. He even made the social media platform a signature part of his afternoon show, "Rick's List." Sanchez didn't appear on his 3 p.m. show on Friday, but CNN's public relations department put out word that he was going to be at a book signing at the CNN Center in Atlanta. It's unclear whether he attended it.

Sanchez joined CNN in 2004 after working as an anchor in Miami. Prior to that, Sanchez worked as a correspondent at MSNBC, providing breaking news updates at CNBC, and at other local stations.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rick Sanchez was fired from CNN about 2 hours later. Problem solved.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Those damn Jews! Never been oppressed at all!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It looks like Rick Sanchez lost his mind... or decided to have an opinion other than what the teleprompter gave him.

I could never figure out why he seemed so happy all time... another case where ignorance is bliss.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stewart's reaction to it was beautiful.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll give Stewart that, wrecked him twice with barely any effort. The best part is Sanchez went on to repeat his rediculous claims later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom