richiest vs poorest

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm i'm thiking that probably rich people get richer cause they got their own bussiness and improve at it but the everyday man i don't know why he wouldn't become more wealthier

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure what the point of your post was, are we supposed to comment on the article, economics, what? Most places in the world have very disproportionate income levels, it's not really earth shattering news. I learned in my American politics class that says 19% of the United States think they are in the top 1% when it comes to wealth. Now that's a lot of delusional people.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sure that 19% is making a few hundred grand a year. They may not be billionaires, but they're doing pretty damn well. As always, the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer.

I was "lower middle-class" for most of my life. I'm not entirely sure where I stand now, but it's leaps and bounds better than what I had to endure as a kid. For the most part, people around here are either poor because:

1) They lack education because they dropped out in the hopes that they'd somehow make it big.
2) They lack education because they were forced to drop out of school in order to help their family pay the bills (this is the typical case).
3) They immigrated here and, although some are highly intelligent, they don't know the language or are forced to take the same college courses all over again in America, forcing them to work one or more really crappy jobs until they graduate. They either succeed or they quit because they can't afford college.
4) They graduate from high school, but can't afford to go to college.
5) They become criminals in order to make ends meet, because there probably aren't any better options at that point.

If you're poor, you and your family are probably going to stay poor unless you can summon the financial resources to send your kid or yourself to college.

Or you can try to invent something we have never needed, but really want now that it's here.

I'd just like to point out the article is about women in America, so it's telling a little more than half the story, but not quite the entire story.

Best answers
I'm not exactly certain what the point in this thread was. It's well known that the average CEO pay has grown by about 40 times over the past 10 years. For some reason CEOs think they need to be paid 50 million dollars a year.

In my opinion the top tier needs to be taxed much, much more than they are now. Hopefully the Democrats will help to lower the the gap (which is more like a canyon) between the rich and the poor. However I would argue strongly about the non-existence of a middle class. In the average American town, the middle class is very much alive and kicking. Middle is aywhere from 40k-100k+. According to my sociology book, approximatly 47% of working Americans are in this category. So honestly, I don't understand how that article can get away with saying there is no middle class. It's just not true.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/22/Class_USA.png

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Middle Class isn't what it used to be, because money isn't worth as much as it used to be worth. $40k sounds nice, but you're not surviving on it unless you luck out and find an apt that isn't falling apart or you live far, far away from the coasts.

Best answers
40k might not be "middle class," but it certainly is not poor. There is a reason this area is called the lower middle class.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And there it is. Middle class encompasses a lot more than it should. "Lower middle class" shouldn't even be considered middle class and neither should "upper middle-class", because both are stretching into the "poor" category and the "rich" category. The middle class is supposed to be white collar workers, or the working class, who have the median income. Not $1,000 more than the poor, so now they're suddenly the extremely low end of the middle class.

Point being, the middle class means so many things now, that it doesn't mean anything. We're using old terms for a new world, and it just doesn't work anymore.

Best answers
I'm not sure what the point of your post was, are we supposed to comment on the article, economics, what?
mr. optimus, i was try to find something INTERRESTING since when i notice this forum kinda empty and boring so that's why i tried to open this.....in order to bought all of ur attention!(since when dbz & fiction thread had getting old for people to interresting... )

well since everyone of u r involve this topic...so i thank all of u!

1) They lack education because they dropped out in the hopes that they'd somehow make it big.
2) They lack education because they were forced to drop out of school in order to help their family pay the bills (this is the typical case).
3) They immigrated here and, although some are highly intelligent, they don't know the language or are forced to take the same college courses all over again in America, forcing them to work one or more really crappy jobs until they graduate. They either succeed or they quit because they can't afford college.
4) They graduate from high school, but can't afford to go to college.
5) They become criminals in order to make ends meet, because there probably aren't any better options at that point.
wow!! how did u know so much!? i'd never thought u're so smart!

that is the good point for people being poor.
first, they r lack in intellegent so they cant afford the normal job(brain disease...i guess).
second, they r illegal(crimmal or something else) so no one dare to hire they and no one knows what would happan in the future if they r hired.
third, everyone knows this one.......lazy in work and get fire....
forth, like my lord said, they cant afford to go college or drop school so they dont have any career technique so no one hire them.
fifth, they r immigrant.....they're lack in language problem.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not exactly certain what the point in this thread was. It's well known that the average CEO pay has grown by about 40 times over the past 10 years. For some reason CEOs think they need to be paid 50 million dollars a year.

In my opinion the top tier needs to be taxed much, much more than they are now. Hopefully the Democrats will help to lower the the gap (which is more like a canyon) between the rich and the poor. However I would argue strongly about the non-existence of a middle class. In the average American town, the middle class is very much alive and kicking. Middle is aywhere from 40k-100k+. According to my sociology book, approximatly 47% of working Americans are in this category. So honestly, I don't understand how that article can get away with saying there is no middle class. It's just not true.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/22/Class_USA.png
Rob Rocker Fun Fact: CEO's are typically the stupidest, most useless person working for any particular company.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that is the good point for people being poor.
first, they r lack in intellegent so they cant afford the normal job(brain disease...i guess).
second, they r illegal(crimmal or something else) so no one dare to hire they and no one knows what would happan in the future if they r hired.
third, everyone knows this one.......lazy in work and get fire....
forth, like my lord said, they cant afford to go college or drop school so they dont have any career technique so no one hire them.
fifth, they r immigrant.....they're lack in language problem.
That is so far off the mark from what I meant, man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom