rhapsody? itunes? naptser? legal music download questions

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im not one to download very much music, but ive been thinking about signing up for one of those pay-to-download services lately.

out of the main ones, which would you guys say has the best selection of music?

are the files drm equipped? (or can I burn them to a cd and listen to them in the car)

which one is the most cost effective?

Rhapsody is around 10-20 bucks a month (i forget the exact number) for unlimited downloads.
Itunes on the other hand is 99 cents a song, cheaper if i only want a few at a time. but i get screwed if i want a full album for example.
Napster i am unsure of, the last time i touched napster was back before metallica (lars rather) flipped his lid.

sure i COULD illegally download them, but lets just say hypothetically that someone who lives close to me was busted by the riaa about 2 months ago and im paranoid as hell.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you go with Rhapsody, make it a point to download 20 songs / an album a month. That way you're getting your money's worth (relative to iTunes).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could move to Canada. Its not illegal here, so no RIAA looking over your shoulder.

Ive heard Rapsody is better if you use it enough also, so it depends on how much music you DL.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
You could move to Canada. Its not illegal here, so no RIAA looking over your shoulder.

Ive heard Rapsody is better if you use it enough also, so it depends on how much music you DL.
That is why Canada is rated #1 for Piracy :D

Rhapsody would be my recommendation too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom