Rey Mystero Overrated?

Best answers
In WWE, Rey just won the Rumble, with "Eddie's help"...Rey has horreble Mic skills and is just milking off Eddie's death, I hate that. Benoit should have won if they wanted Eddie's friends to win...Benoit isn't saying stuff like "Oh Eddie help me pick a number, oh Eddie give me strengh"...Rey is crapping all over the Eddie Guerrero legacy, I wouden't mind if he occashinly did Eddie's cheer or something, like Chris Benoit, but serusily this is getting annoying. Rey should have just did an Eddie cheer when he won, none of this" oh Eddie help me pick a numbeer"...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*cough*

Don't blame Rey. Blame the scriptwriters.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
If every other thread about anime/drama/movies/games/etc can exist without someone mentioning the fact that they're scripted, why, oh why, can't wrestling? It's a mute point, for god's sake. o_o

Rey will get what's coming to him, being on the top only makes the fall that much harder. I doubt the loyal fans will put up with much more of this before there's a major change in public opinion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Frsblch....

Every wrestling thread that comes up, I have to add a disclaimer to it, making sure to mention that people who say things like this are subject to an immediate warning. The reason is because a wrestling fan should not have to be harassed just for liking wrestling or discussing the topic on the forum. I do this because, invariably, someone like yourself shows up and starts haranguing all of the wrestling fans for no reason, sending any wrestling thread instantly offtopic with grand potential for flame warring. Thankfully the wrestling fans here always seem to show tact and don't lose their cool when someone comes in and starts being rude about it.

Unfortunately for you, you apparently haven't read any of these warnings in previous wrestling threads. Regardless it's been brought up in literally every wrestling thread ever made on the forum since I became a moderator, so I'm going to consider it common enough knowledge to merit a !!warning!! for you, frsblch. The reason is easy enough to understand: technically this sort of thing is no different then going into a football thread and saying "football sucks how can you like that crap?" It's off topic and just plain unnecessary.

Best answers
Agent Smith said:
How can you troll without a net, Mr. Anderson?
Lets be silent if we can't stay on topic, yes?

Cucumba

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well this thread seems to have gone pretty far off the tracks pretty early in.... I think it would be fair to close it about now...

Bile, if you've got a problem with the way a moderator has handled a situation you may either PM him about it, or one of his superiors. You'll also be getting a warning for pretty much asking for one, and challenging a moderator in public. Please handle it appropriately in the future. Thank you.

- Closed.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
- Reopened -

Good thread, bad people. Posts were edited to remove jackassery.

Best answers
Thank you Cuc, ive been wanting to post in this thread...

@ Barney - dude, you gotta remember that the script writers tell Rey what to say, those comments on Eddie may or maynot be his opinion, so keep that in mind.

Im glad to see that Vince McMahon is giving ReyRey a chance at some gold. I dont see him beating Kurt Angle, John Cena or Mark Henry anytime soon, but theres still 2 months before Wrestlemania 22, so alot can change before then, hell, Batista may even be back before then (I highly doubt it, I heard either 6 weeks or 6 months until he is allowed back), Edge or Triple H could be WWE champion or even Bobby lashley could be World Heavyweight champ before then, which would be very cool to see.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait....Mark Henry is back? Wasn't he one of those really minor wrestlers that just kinda fell off the face of the earth? Hell...last I saw him, WWE was still WWF.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mysterio? Overrated? Why? Because he is small? Both Eddie and Chris proved that you don't have to be over 6 Feet to carry a major title in the WWE. To be honest, he is getting the push he deserves. He was in a match against Lesnar for the title and could've won it had JBL not interfered. Rey is the most abstract wrestler to step foot in the WWE, and me carrying a Latin/Hispanic based bloodline, I would love to see him with the gold around his waist. They need new ways to bring new fans and new adrenaline to the ring instead of recycling through the same wrestlers over and over again.

Best answers
are we talkin about the same mark henry here? Mark Henry - the worlds strongest man, 400 lbs of "muscle", Injured Batista to the point where he needed surgery, beat the holy **** out of Mysterio. are you thinkin of someone else?

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The one who was "sexual chocolate" ye when i last saw wrestling he was one of those background wrestlers so im guessin he stepped up?

KyoKusanagi

K
Yep its the same Mark Henry - looks like he's lost some weight and gotten fitter since his tag teaming days with D-Lo Brown who BTW, is awesome :D

Mysterio is definitely deserving of holding the world title and if he becomes champ, his title defenses should be well worth watching.

Here's hoping not too far down the track someone like Tajiri can get the push they deserve.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's sort of the problem with TNA. The midcard guys are all thinking, "Hell...I could go to TNA and be X Division champion!"

Mark Henry is so bad at wrestling since he came back. The first time he came back, over a year ago, he went to Raw and Chris Benoit threw the crossface on him; he fell onto the ground wrong, and messed up his neck for like a year. Now he messes up Batista.

When I watched the Rumble the guy sitting behind me was yelling and screaming... about the Angle/Henry match...and how bad Mark Henry was. "Yah gonna hafta work hahhd ta carry this one, Kurt!" It was funny, I spent most of the match talking to the people around me about how sad it was that even Kurt Angle couldn't get a good match out of that fat mess.

To summarize, I think what they're doing with Rey is fine. John Cena, however, getting his own custom walkway at the Rumble, was just way too ****iing much. He put on the most bobo assed generic match I've ever seen.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Aren't they making John Cena like Rock? As in when Rock became so popular they gave him his own PayPerView "Rock Bottom".

Personally I like Rey Mestyreo but personally i don't think they can make the match legit and have him win the belt i just dont see him beating anyone like Big Show or Batista and so on. And if he does win i have a feeling it's going to be through some tricky **** and he'll end up losing the title in his enxt title defence.

Best answers
Walmart Security said:
Thank you Cuc, ive been wanting to post in this thread...

@ Barney - dude, you gotta remember that the script writers tell Rey what to say, those comments on Eddie may or maynot be his opinion, so keep that in mind.

Im glad to see that Vince McMahon is giving ReyRey a chance at some gold. I dont see him beating Kurt Angle, John Cena or Mark Henry anytime soon, but theres still 2 months before Wrestlemania 22, so alot can change before then, hell, Batista may even be back before then (I highly doubt it, I heard either 6 weeks or 6 months until he is allowed back), Edge or Triple H could be WWE champion or even Bobby lashley could be World Heavyweight champ before then, which would be very cool to see.
I like how WWE isn't just forgetting about Eddie, but on last Smackdown Orton said some pretty horreble things about him(writers told him I know) but people don't think of him as an awesome wrestler, more like a story line when WWE shoves him in because they have no ideas.

Best answers
I hate John Cena, there are way more people in the WWE that have more technique than him. And I think Randy Orton does pretty good in wrestling, especially him and Taker. Speaking of which, Undertaker is heading towards Kurt Angle, he wants that World Heavyweight Title. Im glad that Vince McMahon is gonna give Taker a Title shot now and build him up at the same time.

Best answers
Walmart Security said:
I hate John Cena, there are way more people in the WWE that have more technique than him. And I think Randy Orton does pretty good in wrestling, especially him and Taker. Speaking of which, Undertaker is heading towards Kurt Angle, he wants that World Heavyweight Title. Im glad that Vince McMahon is gonna give Taker a Title shot now and build him up at the same time.
Yeah and it's sad that when Taker goes on another break after NYO then he will lose all that momentium

Best answers
I dont know if anyone watched Smackdown! last night, but Randy Orton came out and said a bunch of mean **** about Eddie Guerrero and Mysterio beat the **** out of him.

I know that the writers tell the wrestlers what to say but I think that Randy came up with that stuff by himself, meaning that he really feels what he said. If so, then Randy is the biggest Ass hole I have ever seen.

And is it just me or does Smackdown! seem different without Batista?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom