Revolution Controller... Like or Dislike?

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like the title says, do you like the Nintendo Revolution Controller or not?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like old school NES option, so yes... it's all good.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yus,
very interesting, I didnt like the N64 controller at first glance but I realised it was a very good design :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It gets a thumbs up from me.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Nintendo will have the total edge if they pursue the online MMO approach with it's licensess. (Chrono Trigger, Zelda, Phantasy Star, etc)

I'm know the Xbox 360 and have been lately convinced the PS3, is nothing but better graphics with an UI upgrade.

With the nostalgia factor Nintendo can grasp ahold of, along with some integrations of present technology, there is no reason they can't dominate this gen.

This controller shows they aren't afraid to break another barrier, and have the home grown licenses to adapt the controller with.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Synth said:
I think Nintendo will have the total edge if they pursue the online MMO approach with it's licensess. (Chrono Trigger, Zelda, Phantasy Star, etc)

I'm know the Xbox 360 and have been lately convinced the PS3, is nothing but better graphics with an UI upgrade.

With the nostalgia factor Nintendo can grasp ahold of, along with some integrations of present technology, there is no reason they can't dominate this gen.

This controller shows they aren't afraid to break another barrier, and have the home grown licenses to adapt the controller with.
I like your thinkin'
I totally agree with Nintendo mopping the floor with compitetion of they release a few MMO's...
Damn... that would be pretty sweet with that controller aswell...
Probably better then PC MMO's too with the TV, couch, ect. :yes:

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Considering Nintendo has absolutely no experience in online multiplayer, much less massively multiplayer games, I'd say the likelihood of their developing one is remote to non-existent. If they made one, and planned to release it in the US, they'd be confronted with the same questions Square Enix was: Have seperate worlds for the Japanese and American populations? Integrated? As Final Fantasy XI showed, integrated servers don't work particularly well. In any case, there aren't many successful Japanese MMORPGs to begin with, much less a successful one being made by a company with no experience. But what about the "wonderful licensing material," you might ask. Did that stop SoE and LucasArts, experienced if misguided companies, from butchering the Star Wars license when making Star Wars Galaxies?

In any case, nobody really knows when the Revolution will end up a "success" like the Gameboy and DS, or a miserable flop like the Virtual Boy, Super Scope Six, Power Glove and R.O.B. the Robot. Only time will tell.

Synth said:

Apparently you are confused about the nature of licenses. Chrono Trigger was developed and published by Squaresoft, now Square Enix. Nintendo does not have the rights. The Phantasy Star series has been developed and published by Sega/Sonic Team.

Nintendo's intellectual property licenses consist of things like Mario and Luigi, Zelda, Kirby and Metroid.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I suppose a Chrono Trigger RPG would be a PS3 release as well then.

I dunno, we'll see what happens as always.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm all for it, honestly. It's a great idea. But I don't want all games to try and go this route. There is a time and a place for this sort of thing. However, it is great to finally give the consoles some sort of flexibility akin to mouse use on PC games. Maybe now the enemies in console shooters won't have to be so painfully stupid, for example

But this is Nintendo we're talking about. We're not going to see a Quake-style shooter, or any other sort of thing that will benefit from a controller like this that is based on its computer cousins. It's just going to be crammed into other things as minigame crapola, mostly--at least that's my guess. Can they use it for something awesome? Of course. But if you're asking WILL it be used for something awesome, personally I doubt it.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Before a certain point, I would agree with you Pride, but Resident Evil DS has gone a long way towards showing me that Nintendo got their head out of their collective ass this time around. The fact that you can use the stylus to knife fight the zombies, the microphone to perform cpr, and many other neat tricks the DS pulls off, I can only imagine what they can cook up on this controler.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Revolution controller makes my panties all excited. o/

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I consider myself a Nintendo fan boy, I think the controller can go places- but i won't be surprised if it flops.

/thinks realistically.

Best answers
i'm cautiously optimistic, i don't really like the layout fo the controller, but i love the idea of it and since i haven't actually used it the layout may be better than i think it is. Anyway it looks very cool and i hope they do great htings with it.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kimfu said:
If the remote control thingy = the controller, then it's ftl imho
Care to elaborate? IMHO = random pewp without basis unless you provide reasons.

Best answers
Well, I haven't seen that much about the controller, just that it's shaped like a remote control so this it won't be the classic controller anymore (2 thumbs)..

I fail to see how this could be a decent gamecontroller? I really can't find any pluspoint about it :/

PS: Now please, don't get me wrong here.. I still prefer the console over any other new console, and I might just get this one, but only if there are custom controllers (classic controllers) released.

Best answers
Ok, after reading that I can now say why I hate it (apart from the 1 hand concept).. I don't see myself playing games by pointing the controller at the screen to do stuff.. I want to relax.. Don't want to swing my arm around in order to play games.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You dont have to "swing your arm around" to play games.
How do you 'relax' when playing games?
You will even be able to weild two controller's and still play as a single user.
There are so many possibilities with the contoller.
Even Sony is currently taking the fact that PS3 is unreleased to redesign their controller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom