Revolution Controller... Like or Dislike?

Best answers
Kimfu said:
Ok, after reading that I can now say why I hate it (apart from the 1 hand concept).. I don't see myself playing games by pointing the controller at the screen to do stuff.. I want to relax.. Don't want to swing my arm around in order to play games.
What a predictable and overused response. It just screams " misunderstanding " as usual.

Anyway's, i like it and hopefully it'll go from like to love in the end.

Best answers
That site states "motion sensors" thus I conclude that you have to move the controller around.. Not my fault if this is a misunderstanding of things, I just concluded that with the information I received.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kimfu said:
Ok, after reading that I can now say why I hate it (apart from the 1 hand concept).. I don't see myself playing games by pointing the controller at the screen to do stuff.. I want to relax.. Don't want to swing my arm around in order to play games.
A perfectly legit reason, but I just want to clarify. You do know that you won't be widly swinging your arms around, you'll only need subtle movements, basically you won't be moving around so much that your arm would get tired.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, it's gonna be more like a mouse...which we definitely need in the console world. Controllers such for full 3d view games.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Considering the lacklustre specs of the Revolution/Go, I think the controller will actually save the console. If it's to be released after the more powerful 360 and alongside the PS3 then it seems to be the only thing going for it.

People upgrade for one reason, a more powerful machine, more features, they want more available to them. If I wanted to play a worse (hardware-wise) console then i'd play my PS2 and not bother with another. The Revolution can't offer better hardware, but it offers more innovation than it's competitors, something sorely lacking in the 'stale' modern games market.

Wheres_ has a point though. I thought the EyeToy would revolutionise gaming, but it was brushed aside to the regular category of 'accesory', like the DDR mat or Steering Wheel. Can't it be said that the same will happen to the Revolution controller? Only time, and a willing fanbase with loose pursestrings, will tell. It's rare that you see a console with a controller more original than it's games catalogue.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kimfu, of note to you will be the fact that you can use the Game Cube controller on the new system if you want.

nge

Best answers
I love the idea but I really see this in the future-

"TIMMY YOU LAMER YOU ARE CLOSER TO THE TV THAN I AM"
"YOU HAVE LONGER ARMS THOUGH JOE, STFU"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
Kimfu, of note to you will be the fact that you can use the Game Cube controller on the new system if you want.
Well, you'll be able to use it on Gamecube games, and I think maybe the Virtual Console as well. Actual Revolution games though, won't use the Gamecube controller. Altough their is going to be a "shell" thats shaped like a conventional controller that the revolution controller slides into. IGN has a mock-up somewhere.

So ya, the Gamecube controller won't work with Revolution games. I'd go find a source, but i'm too lazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom