Reversed Speech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I'm sure some of you have heard about this already.

If you haven't the beliefs about reversed speech go something like this.. If you were to record your speech and reverse it.. and listen to it.. you'd hear a message from your "subconciousmind" which would be the truth, and it would relate to the forward speech.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=3YvgwZHrY7c"]YouTube - Reverse Speech Video Reversals[/ame]

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=OdNjJOL0zfw&feature=related"]YouTube - Backwards speech in children[/ame]

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=4mSl4pFsc04"]YouTube - Simon's Secret Thoughts About Jason (Reversed Speech)[/ame]

http://youtube.com/user/Shewolfe1111

GO TRY IT OUT.. and report BACK HERE!~~ with what you get if you want.

I'm going to go find my mic.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Jinx, try closing your eyes and then watching those videos, before watching them at all. Without the power of suggestion, it'll sound much different. It's all about suggestion.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...Dude, sorry to say...but I smell horse****.

You could play any sentence backwards, attribute the gibberish to a sentence that sounds a tiny bit like the backwards audio, and then tell people to keep their ears open for these exact words.

This is like those morons who played "Simple and Clean" backwards and thought it carried a Satanic message.

Look, the human brain isn't going to work like that. Can you imagine how much processing we'd have to do if we "subconsciously" arranged our words so they expressed our thoughts when played backwards?

Here's another thing. What if someone said the exact same thing as someone else? It would sound the same backwards right? If you just mimmicked someone else, then how does the "message" played backwards apply to you, or anyone else in the Universe, in any way? Simply, it doesn't. It's coincidence at best.

Jinx, look, I'm thrilled for you that you have such an inquisitive nature, but, as weird as this sounds coming from me, you have to treat things like this with skepticism, however cool it may seem if it were true. I mean, if we DID do this, what would be the purpose of it? How would we benefit from expressing our thoughts in backwards-talk? We couldn't even LISTEN to people speaking backwards until we had the technology to record audio and then play it in reverse.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wrote J-Dude's post backwards, and he told me to go **** a donkey. I demand justice.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Warning to J-Dude then.

Anywho, without being told what you should be hearing, often times it comes out as gibberish. The only band that has true subliminal backmasking is Chicago.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Chicago warnt the only ones, it is thaught that beatles and led zeppelin ("stairway to heaven" to be exact, its a twisted song onece u hear it backwards -_- ), practiced blackmasking to, u can listen to a certain song normaly and not fully understand the text, same for the backmasking, u actualy have to serch for words rather than simply listening,

Best answers
It sounded different before i read the text...sometimes. I love the "David, help me" tho, creepy :laff:

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I wouldn't be so quick to call it BS...

I'm struggling to get my mic working so only time will tell :cry:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd be eager to learn what your subconcious must be thinking, Jinx.

In any case, I still call bull****, for reasons I have explained way to many times before. All I'm gonna say...again: "Power of suggestion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom