Return to Mana

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
42 Year have past. Long enough for the world to heal. Long enough to forget the horrors of the war that almost claimed not only our lives, but that of our entire world. From the east came the Empire, their mecha and weapons soon overwhelmed the defenders of the Allied Kingdoms but, they were beaten.

Three warrior from the Kingdom Domen stood against the tide of chaos when no one else could. Wielding the powers of the eight great elements of mana, the heroes beat back the empire. However, the aftermath of what we today call the Second Imperial War was high indeed. The Empire lies in ruins, the allied kingdoms threaten to break apart from within, and Mana, the source of all magic, has vanished.

42 years have past, to the east the Empire stirs, the forests of Domen have turned dangerous, fought with monsters and bandits. Now a new generation takes to the defense of the world for now is the time for the Return to Mana.

Inspired by SNES classics, Team Monkey announces a brand new fantasy adventure/RPG for PC. In Return to Mana - Legacy of the eight elements, brings an innovative fresh setting to the PC platform and a full 3 player cooperative playing experience. Fight together with 2 friends to prevent the Empire from rising again and restore peace to the world of Mana.

Part of the "I love free Games" movement, Return to Mana is the first game designed from the very start to be a totally free game based on valves SOURCE engine. Team Monkey consists of professional game designers who have worked on AAA titles like "Crysis". Because of nothing but pure love to gaming we are bringing this amazing gaming experience to you. If you want to give back some love, please support us by donating on our website.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/return-to-mana

http://www.returntomana.org/

3-Player online RPG with a story, built using Source...looks pretty nice graphic wise, too.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
That looks pretty neat :D. Return to mana sounds so familiar to me...

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That looks pretty neat :D. Return to mana sounds so familiar to me...
Inspired by SNES classics, Team Monkey announces a brand new fantasy adventure/RPG for PC. In Return to Mana - Legacy of the eight elements, brings an innovative fresh setting to the PC platform and a full 3 player cooperative playing experience. Fight together with 2 friends to prevent the Empire from rising again and restore peace to the world of Mana.
secrets of mana ring a bell? ;p

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Oh i played through Seiken Densetsu 2 few years ago with my friend. It was pretty fun.
If i manage to buy HL2 i'll certainly try this.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Yea, it actually does. Looks very much alike of Chronos Trigger.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see this being very long. But, I'd still be interested in seeing how the combat works.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Secret of Mana was fantastic, I'm curious to how they'll do everything. I can't imagine the first hour or so being fun for the Sprite, waiting isn't fun at the best of times.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, it actually does. Looks very much alike of Chronos Trigger.
Square's SNES games all tended to look at least somewhat similar, but SoM (and SoE, too, I guess) played nothing like Chrono Trigger. They were action RPG's, very well-executed.

Should be neat to see how far this project gets :)

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks kinda cool, might be worth a test run

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can't stop to think that it would have looked nicer and more fun if they took the same camera point as in Secret of Mana, paired with the 3D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom