Retrieving hidden password, program?

Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, so I have this problem. My school supplied me with a password for an FTP account with PHPMyAdmin on the schools server. Now, the thing is, I lost the paper that had the password to my account on it (and we weren't allowed to change our passwords). So I can't log in on my account on the internet anymore. Fortunately, I used Dreamweaver to sync my FTP account with Dreamweaver, so I can instantly upload any changes I made to my php files and test them. The thing is, to make any changes to the database in PHPMyAdmin, I have to access the database through my account in the browser, and for that...you figured it, I need my password.

Does anyone happen to know a program that can see my password, as it is asterisked out in Dreamweaver. Is it even retrievable at all, or are the asterisks I see in Dreamweaver, actual asterisks, containing no actual password?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Just making sure of things. You need the FTP password, right? Which is saved within dreamwaever? What about the FTP program?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My Dreamweaver just uploads it. Dreamweaver needs my login name, and the password. The website needs the exact same login name and password. Dreamweaver still has both saved, which allows me to upload and download http and php files. The website however contains the management system for these files and a PHPMyAdmin account which allows me to make changes to my database I have. The thing is, normally I would just mail one of the guys over at my school to retrieve my password, and I would probably have it back within a week. But I need to work on my database and php stuff now, since I have a end-of-the-year-assessment coming up next monday.

That's how it looks in Dreamweaver. Why didn't I just write my password down somewhere, I knew I was going to lose that piece of paper...

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
since FTP passwords are send unencrypted you could have also sniffed it from your network ;-)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be honest, I think the method Sky posted was slightly easier. :p

Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you notice the problem is solved and an admin should come in and close this thread

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll close the thread myself, I've always wanted to do that.

Closed.

Awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom